• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

hang on

State Vice-Captain
perhaps too early to say but looks like this match is now the lankans' to lose.

sad since the question of the series result should have been moot by now. bloody weather.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
on one hand, we do need a stack of wickets quickly, on the other MJ ain't looking likely to get one wicket let alone 6

uvelocity

International Coach
perhaps too early to say but looks like this match is now the lankans' to lose.

sad since the question of the series result should have been moot by now. bloody weather.
way too early. all depends on our 2nd dig. if we bat well enough they won't have time to win whether they get 300, 500 or 1000 runs here.

Would much rather see copes and lyon keep it tight and extract something stupid from dilslap

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
The idea seems to be to frustrate Dilshan with deliveries angled away and induce him to chip one in the cover region.
Problem lies with the execution. Is Mitch disciplined enough to bowl to that field without bleeding runs?

Edit: Very impressed with Matthews' temperament so far.

Last edited:

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
Tough chance, bloody hell they need some luck. Another leftie spilling one to his right. I've had just about enough of seeing that.

Last edited:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
weather willing, the lankans can make another 120. bat for a session tomorrow and add another 80. 200 behind and the best part of 2 days to survive will be hard.

got to take wickets. and they don't seem to be doing it. why is watson not being used for some early reverse swing?

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
The Sri Lankan tail is being underestimated by Charu Sharma.

This new lad Eranga has a f/c batting average of 24 and has got a few half-centuries. Herath can add some useful runs as he did in England. Unless Aus have a proper bowling plan, it's unlikely that we'll see lower order getting annihilated for very few runs.

And let's not forget it's a flat track and this attack does not exactly look the most threatening. Lower order batsmen can be a nuisance in such conditions.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Tough chance, tbf. Gotta take them though - also getting a bit tired of people being so much weaker on their non-natural side.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Clarke's first real shocker as captain and surprise surprise it's MJ related. Wish on days like this when it's clear he's not 'on' they'd ignore him instead of trying to be his friend and setting all sorts of plans

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Haddin standing up for Copes is wise. Let's see if the young lad can nip out one. At any rate, he cannot do a worse job than Midge.

SamSawnoff

U19 Vice-Captain
So Clarke's first real shocker as captain and surprise surprise it's MJ related. Wish on days like this when it's clear he's not 'on' they'd ignore him instead of trying to be his friend and setting all sorts of plans
I can see why they don't ignore him though.

He's the most experienced bowler out there by miles. I know that doesn't mean much where Mitch is concerned , but I can understand a skipper just hoping like hell that suddenly he turns it on.

God, I hate listening to Tawny. And we've got a whole summer of his crap ahead. Really, didn't need a warm-up.

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't care how many lanka makes here, if they go 6/0 of declare 200 or 250 in front it doesn't matter. It's all down to how we bat the 2nd dig.

The only scary scenario is if they tee off and it works.

yeeeehooooo copesey!

\./