• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha, crazy especially since it's Kumar! I would have been less surprised if it were Matthews.

LOL at Hussey's bowling average of 35 now, up there with Hilfenhaus. Gun work Clarkey!

Now bring on Harris for the kill1

Sylvester

State Captain
I'm following it on cricinfo so just assumed when Hussey got a wicket it was a tailender but Sangakkara, good dam!

Spark

Global Moderator
Not sure on clarke as others have noted he doesn't bowl copeland for long enough spells.
He's inventive and aggressive, which are all good things. Needs to work on the patience thing but that'll come with time.

Robbie sends this first: "Mike Hussey? MIKE HUSSEY?!?! You have a team 5/128 and you bring on MIKE HUSSEY? Now I'm all for going against the boring and ordinary, but this is ridiculous.."

And then this: "Mike Hussey just got Sangakkara out. Please disregard previous email. All hail Mr. Cricket."
:laugh:

---

Lyon bowling so well atm.

Last edited:

TumTum

Banned
cricinfo said:
And then this: "Mike Hussey just got Sangakkara out. Please disregard previous email. All hail Mr. Cricket."

Robbie sends this first: "Mike Hussey? MIKE HUSSEY?!?! You have a team 5/128 and you bring on MIKE HUSSEY? Now I'm all for going against the boring and ordinary, but this is ridiculous.."
:laugh:

adub

International Captain
The thing about Clarke, and Taylor did it too is that when you are always trying something you look like a ****ing genius when it comes off. That's not a criticism as it's great to see a captain being pro-active and trying things out rather than just letting the game get away from you, but it's often more arse than class when it just comes off like that.

Spark

Global Moderator
The thing about Clarke, and Taylor did it too is that when you are always trying something you look like a ****ing genius when it comes off. That's not a criticism as it's great to see a captain being pro-active and trying things out rather than just letting the game get away from you, but it's often more arse than class when it just comes off like that.
Yeah. 95% of the time it won't work but you'll never know if you don't try.

The theory was a good one tbf. Pace off the ball and throw some catching men in front, but you wouldn't expect that to work in 20 overs with Mussey, let alone 1.

Valer

First Class Debutant
On Clarke certainly, I'd agree. I'd like to see how South Africa goes before I hand in any serious judgement.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah. 95% of the time it won't work but you'll never know if you don't try.

The theory was a good one tbf. Pace off the ball and throw some catching men in front, but you wouldn't expect that to work in 20 overs with Mussey, let alone 1.
Actually if you think it wont work 95% of the time, you would expect it to work once within 20 overs :p

I can't believe that Randiv is number 8 batsman, what a joke.