• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in Sri Lanka

Jayzamann

International Regular
Looks decent when he connects.

And the trajectory isn't heading for the base of middle with a gap between bat and pad...

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Lovely cat and mouse going on. How can someone complain about the run rate when the battle is so absorbing?

Have a sneaking feeling that we are witnessing yet another Hussey masterpiece today.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This looks like a 3 and a half day test on this pitch with the side batting last at a massive disadvantage. Whatever Australia get Sri Lanka need to pass by at least 50 runs on first innings or they are in serious trouble.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe it's a 350-400 pitch.. - good pitch - not a road to start off..

batsmen always find it a bit difficult to score runs on these pitches because they are slow and low
however at the same time bowlers have to work hard to get a batsman out as there isn't usually much assistance.

btw apart from Watson and Ponting, I haven't really been impressed by the aussie batsmen... they haven't looked comfortable out there

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This looks like a 3 and a half day test on this pitch with the side batting last at a massive disadvantage. Whatever Australia get Sri Lanka need to pass by at least 50 runs on first innings or they are in serious trouble.
Luck Aust won the toss with the SL spinners seemingly being a class above the Aussie spinners. Perhaps with SL batting last Aussies may be a fair chance:unsure:
Yet another reason to suggest the grind is the best option at the moment. Get Sri Lanka in after the wicket breaks up more.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I really hope that Greigy is being paid a bloody big bag of dosh for all the stuffing spruiking.
They were doing it during the ODIs as well. When you're waxing over a highway of all things between overs, it makes you wonder just who is fronting up with the dosh for them to be talking about these things.

Heli tours over the coastline I can imagine being interesting... but highways?

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm thinking everyone has underestimated this Sri Lankan attack based on how they went in England. They've been very effective so far in home conditions - Herath in particular. Welegedara getting a nice bit of reverse, too.

Not if he serves up full tosses. :dry:
srilankans aren't that bad at home tbf. even india only manged to draw them last year. (however SL had a better attack then).

welegedara has lost some pace since 09/10

pup11

International Coach
Easier said than done, Pup. Did you see how the ball is taking chunks out of the pitch and puffs of dust are coming up every now and then?

It's not a pitch where you can charge spinners down the track and belt them out of the ground. Ponting played one superb lofted shot and the second proved fatal. Sweeping is a good approach, but I don't think any batsman on display is adept at doing that. Hussey's wait and watch mantra seems to be the best option in these circumstances.
Being positive doesn't mean you gotta slog the bowlers, positive batting means rotating the strike regularly and making the most of every scoring opportunity which is something we haven't been able to do, on the contrary we have been overly cautious and on wicket like this where no matter how much time you spend out there you as batsman can get out at anytime.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Being positive doesn't mean you gotta slog the bowlers, positive batting means rotating the strike regularly and making the most of every scoring opportunity which is something we haven't been able to do, on the contrary we have been overly cautious and on wicket like this where no matter how much time you spend out there you as batsman can get out at anytime.
3rpo is absolutely fine on this wicket.

Ruckus

International Captain
Given his OD form, suprised with how solid Haddin has looked so far. Hopefully some Hussey/Haddin Ashes deja vu here.