• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Quentin De Kock presents the 12 yr old boy's dream eleven

De Kock *
Johnson
Poojara
Root
Cremer
BJ
Holder
Dickwella +
Hardik
Bumrah
Wood

Reserves: Philanderer, Ball, Blackwood

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quentin De Kock presents the 12 yr old boy's dream eleven

De Kock *
Johnson
Poojara
Root
Cremer
BJ
Holder
Dickwella +
Hardik
Bumrah
Wood

Reserves: Philanderer, Ball, Blackwood
Michael 'squeaky' Clarke to be their travelling commentator.

indiaholic

International Captain
See if there was a general argument being made that black players are being picked only due to quotas then *****'s argument makes sense. But nobody here is arguing that. To suggest Duminy has a longer leash than most due to the quotas is hardly controversial.

cnerd123

likes this
Are people saying Duminy doesn't bowl much anymore being serious? He just took 4/16 against Ireland like a month ago. He bowled 8 overs in the last tour game and didn't bat.

He also has a clutch of 50+ scores in his last few knocks, and SA are debuting a new spinner in this game to boot. Plus he played that epic 169 over here in Australia.

Quotas are literally the last reason for his selection IMO.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The worst part of the Quota thing, IMO, is all the comments like these that will arise every time a non white is selected
This was *****``s post. A perfectly valid point that I (and others) have made.

See if there was a general argument being made that black players are being picked only due to quotas then *****'s argument makes sense. But nobody here is arguing that. To suggest Duminy has a longer leash than most due to the quotas is hardly controversial.
And the discussion also mentioned Maharaj/ Philander in front of Morkel not just Duminy`s position.

Burgey

There's a shot which, if played by anyone else in the SA line up, would be rightfully subject to complete derision given the state of the game, but Quentin gets away with it from blokes like Pietersen because #intent

Howe_zat

Audio File
Are people saying Duminy doesn't bowl much anymore being serious? He just took 4/16 against Ireland like a month ago. He bowled 8 overs in the last tour game and didn't bat.

He also has a clutch of 50+ scores in his last few knocks, and SA are debuting a new spinner in this game to boot. Plus he played that epic 169 over here in Australia.

Quotas are literally the last reason for his selection IMO.
stop you're letting facts get in the way

There is literally no reason to play a guy who averages 50+ against Australia on this tour other than the colour of his skin. They could be playing 4 blokes who have never played here before in the same top 7, if only they had the courage to pick white people

Bahseph

International Debutant
Duminy is the only player of colour in this team who has question marks against his name in terms of his Test selection , that's why discussing him can be controversial.

Philander and Rabada are genuinely two of the top three pacers in the country. Amla is Amla. Bavuma had his doubters but every one in SA agrees he deserves his spot now. Maharaj warrants his selection. He has been consistent domestically and he can bat. He also captained recently in a T20 cup back home.

I think with Duminy , anyone who has watched him bat just feels continously frustrated with his overall record cos he always looks classy.

Burgey

Duminy is the only player of colour in this team who has question marks against his name in terms of his Test selection , that's why discussing him can be controversial.

Philander and Rabada are genuinely two of the top three pacers in the country. Amla is Amla. Bavuma had his doubters but every one in SA agrees he deserves his spot now. Maharaj warrants his selection. He has been consistent domestically and he can bat. He also captained recently in a T20 cup back home.

I think with Duminy , anyone who has watched him bat just feels continously frustrated with his overall record cos he always looks classy.
I don't doubt what you say about frustration with his batting, but in these circumstances with de Villiers out, are there a lot of stand out rivals for his place? When I've heard the Saffer fans have the shits with him, I can't recall there being widespread agreement on who should be in ahead of him atm.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't doubt what you say about frustration with his batting, but in these circumstances with de Villiers out, are there a lot of stand out rivals for his place? When I've heard the Saffer fans have the shits with him, I can't recall there being widespread agreement on who should be in ahead of him atm.
Because there's such a wide range of dire ****s to good players who could do a better job than Poominy.