• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure someone's already said it wtf has happened to Slats?

The guy looks like he's aged 20 years since last season

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh do you have to show highlights from that match?

That shot by Haddin still looks just as abysmal years later.

Bahseph

International Debutant
I'm so over JP as a Test batsman. It was okay when AB had the gloves and he was at 7 for a while but to play him at 4 is ridiculous.

It's not even like he has that many glaring technical faults(except to offspin), he just finds different ways of getting out every game. Rillee definitely should play at 4 if ABdV is out. But the quota means Duminy has massive leeway.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What about Dane Vilas as wk & De Kock as opening bat.Morkel must come in.
For me Vilas is there only if QDK gets injured.. otherwise he should not come into contention. I dont know how you can talk about Morkel yet we have not even bowled.

SA have had a big problem with opening partnership for years. Peterson with Smith gave a good account of themselves for awhile but Peterson always had a question mark. After the early retirement of Smith SA have struggles and it was only the brilliance of Amla that kept top order together. The minute he fails we get into ****... Until Cook all other batsmen we have picked have been middle order batsmen put into opening... that is tough. Maybe for this series in Aus we can push QDK to open and go from there next series. I am wondering if de Bruyn needs to come in as I think he could definitely open for SA.... but that's all for the SL series later in the year.

If SA win/draw this test then Cook I think would be given another chance. If we lose I think they may try fit Rilee into the team..

the big bambino

International Captain
Morkel was never going to replace Philander.... it was either 4 seamers or 3 and spinner. Morkel tends to struggle to pitch the ball up and just gets left alone on the bounce.
He got 5 mate. On another occasion he branded Clarke several times. I don't think too many can be left alone.