• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well **** his brother will be even more pissed off now lol

hope Smith and Nevill put on at least 100 here or something

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Did keep a bit low, but I don't think he had much choice with that squatting stance. Still giving him Voges' spot for the next match.

Blocky

Banned
Good god voges. mother****er is leaving with a 60 plus average isnt he
I think it's a good thing, I think it puts into perspective the performances of Pollock and how they're not on the level that people have made them out to be.

Blocky

Banned
Are the commentators seriously suggesting that Steve Smith running across his stumps is a good thing? It might work for him, but it will completely kill any child cricketer attempting to do it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's a good thing, I think it puts into perspective the performances of Pollock and how they're not on the level that people have made them out to be.
Nah come on, 60 average over a period of 7 years with the average still rising at the end is totally different.

Blocky

Banned
Nah come on, 60 average over a period of 7 years with the average still rising at the end is totally different.
I don't buy that.

As much as you could say that disadvantages a batsman, we saw averages in general drop away in the modern era where a lot more cricket was played and a lot more video analysis was present. The bats and pitches changed and suddenly averages went back up, then DRS came in and they're going back downwards again.