• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only real bright spot from an Australian perspective is how good hazlewood was bowling. The rest of the team have been terrible (outside one Starc spell).

Lyon could be considered a little unlucky with some half chances going down too. But Australia's fielding has been awful and our batting worse. It's the dark days of the 80s all over again.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warner launches into one nearly as wide as that which he edged in the first dig, only it was short at least.

I'd actually have preferred him to have nicked off again.

morgieb

Warner launches into one nearly as wide as that which he edged in the first dig, only it was short at least.

I'd actually have preferred him to have nicked off again.
Well yeah, as wide as Philander's ball in the first innings was he got the length right. If he hadn't then it would've paid off for Warner.

Not that it was something he should've gone hard at, though...

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well yeah, as wide as Philander's ball in the first innings was he got the length right. If he hadn't then it would've paid off for Warner.

Not that it was something he should've gone hard at, though...
Yep

First innings was simply a wide that also happened to be on a goodish length

Second innings was a filthy wide long hop that anyone would've tried to hit for 4

morgieb

Warne and Healy? Does Channel 9 like torture?

I actually haven't hated 9 this year....but nup, that isn't flying. Mute.

Spark

Global Moderator
I thought that was plumb

EDIT: Ah that hit him on the back leg much higher than I thought

Last edited:

Burgey

de Kock never thought that was out, judging by his reaction when they reviewed.

Or maybe he's just tired from scoring so many runs, I dunno.