• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa + South Africa in Australia 2016/17

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not a poor review, an Australian review..

Bowling:

ROW: "That's most likely out, we should review it as from all looks that looks good "
Aus: "We need a wicket, lets review everything!!! then complain when we run out of reviews and there is an umpire mistake... because the umpires always make mistakes we can review everything!"

Batting:

ROW: "That hit me on the pads, and I'm probably out... let me chat to my buddy and see if I should... no, not worth a review"
Australia: "That hit me on the pad, right infront of the wickets and I'm dead as sin... let me look at my budd... nah, **** it, REVIEW, might be a front foot no ball!!!"
Yeah because ony Australia waste reviews. 8-)

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Get him in the top 6, find an all rounder for 7. Think that makes them a stronger team.
He will in time, but we do not really have a genuine #7 test allrounder at the moment and lots of decent batsmen in FC not in the team. So QDK becomes our allrounder for now with 4 bowlers. It looks like we have some decent allrounder coming up so maybe in next 2/3 years.

Blocky

Banned
It's a shame Stats Guru doesn't have "Reviews / Successful Reviews" as part of their statistics collection, also "Adamant Appeals / Successful Appeals" (Sri Lanka would have to be close to a 50/1 here)

flibbertyjibber

I notice the comms have stopped saying Aussies can still win today. Said on day 1 a SA innings win was more likely and that looks on now. Should get 350 here

Midwinter

State Captain
Well if you're thinking about a bits and pieces all rounder who can offer you overs and score a few runs from time to time, what happened to Ashton Agar?
Agar is a a batsmen who bowls a bit, like Maxwell

Took 9 wickets in 7 shield games last year at 54 ave.

But he took a 10fer on the Bunsen at Sydney last game, O'Keefe only got 8
:)

Last edited:

Starfighter

Well if you're thinking about a bits and pieces all rounder who can offer you overs and score a few runs from time to time, what happened to Ashton Agar?
He wasn't a good enough bowler and I think he still isn't. He cleaned up recently on a friendly pitch in the Shield but I'd like to see him start taking consistent wickets before he comes back into contention. He averages 39 with the ball and 27 with the bat, while O'Keefe averages 23.5 with the ball and 29 with the bat.
Not only is O'Keefe turning in FC figures better than most of our pace bowlers, he's been doing it for years as TJB will never tire of telling you.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Be nice to get Sok a game before the India tour. Our selectors are likely to persist with Lyon then just drop for him from the tour.

Blocky

Banned
He wasn't a good enough bowler and I think he still isn't. He cleaned up recently on a friendly pitch in the Shield but I'd like to see him start taking consistent wickets before he comes back into contention. He averages 39 with the ball and 27 with the bat, while O'Keefe averages 23.5 with the ball and 29 with the bat.
Not only is O'Keefe turning in FC figures better than most of our pace bowlers, he's been doing it for years as TJB will never tire of telling you.
Look at his average over the wickets he's taken and he's extremely unlucky not to have a run in the side... but we have the same issue in NZ with Todd Astle, guy takes bagfuls of wickets every year at a great average and strike rate, comes up to international level and is absolutely destroyed because he's just not good enough at that level.

flibbertyjibber

What happened to bavuma he's stuck in the 50s
This novel thing that Aussies can't do which is called batting for time and your partner. When the bloke at the other end is scoring as freely as he is you can just drop anchor and make sure he has good support instead of batting like a tosser and throwing your wicket away.

Starfighter

Be nice to get Sok a game before the India tour. Our selectors are likely to persist with Lyon then just drop for him from the tour.
Unless Maxwell plays Lyon will play in India. We'll probably be playing two spinners even though I'd rather back our pace bowling.

DriveClub

International Regular
This novel thing that Aussies can't do which is called batting for time and your partner. When the bloke at the other end is scoring as freely as he is you can just drop anchor and make sure he has good support instead of batting like a tosser and throwing your wicket away.
Love you too

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah with QdK scoring at his natural rate Temba is playing this perfectly. Just bat them totally out of the game with a 250+ run lead.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Maxwell can be a LOI or ODI bowling option at best. Talking about him bowling at test level makes no sense. Only maybe part timing

flibbertyjibber

Would like to see SOK against SA or PAK on an Australian (road) pitch.

Just to give some perspective on Lyon.
Good comment. Lyon is no worldbeater but he gets lots of unfair stick on here. I don't think Smith uses him very well as captain which doesn't help him but to be honest if you haven't got a Warne/Murali having a spinner who has 200+ wickets @ 33 is something that most sides would be happy with.