• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Indeed. Ponting is an all time great.. It is almost silly to be questioning that.. Where he ranks AMONG those greats is a different question and perhaps open to individual perceptions of the greats themselves, but I do think it is pretty lame to NOT call him a great when he has such a stellar record.. I understand the bit about flat tracks, bad bowling etc but at the end of the day, he is still doing much better than anyone else around today and that in itself should count for heck of a lot and having seen some of his best innings, you know he can very much hold his own amongst the other greats. He surely deserves to be in that bracket...
AWTA.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Whether Ponting should be classed as a great or not is debateable, but what i'd strongly disagree with is the concept that you can't be a great unless you perform against every team in every country.
I think when you get to the top tier of batsmen, you are generally compared with people who have done that, so while you can still be a great, it will be a very significant mark against you.

If Ponting a great batsman? Yes, he is. If he doesn't improve his record here, he'll never make the top ten batsmen of all time (in my mind of course, at this level, it's all opinion) and might even be below Waugh when he finishes his career.

Anyway, I've asid too much on the Ponting issue, I'd rather focus on the matches. We'll see at the end of the series, and this'll likely be moot anyway because I feel Ponting will right his record, and it won't be a blotch on his career. If and when he does do that, he'll certainly be up there in the Lara and SRT bracket.

pup11

International Coach
Btw anybody knows who would be the guys commentating in this series, i was watching the OD game between NSW and WA today and Blewett and Fleming were commentating in that game so that means they aren't going to be around for this test series, so i was just kind of wondering who are gonna be the commentators in this series.

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Glad to be here before the all exciting series of the year....as you know i am brand new here,....

just some info wud help me to make sure i dont violate things here....

Can we post pics of cricket[ers] here that are related to this series?

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Sehwag has lit up the fuse by saying the well known truth to the media openly that "Australia Cheated in the Sydney Test Match"

howardj

International Coach
Pumped for this series today. In a bit of an awkward situation at work, with our Office being renovated I've been shunted out to the general area where others can see my computer monitor. Thus, it's hyper-hard to visit cricket sites without detection....will do my best though haha.

But yeah, pumped for some Test cricket! The pure form of the game.

Unleash hell, Ricky!

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Pumped for this series today. In a bit of an awkward situation at work, with our Office being renovated I've been shunted out to the general area where others can see my computer monitor. Thus, it's hyper-hard to visit cricket sites without detection....will do my best though haha.

But yeah, pumped for some Test cricket! The pure form of the game.

Unleash hell, Ricky!
I hear ya....Its been a long time since we had a high-profile cricket series like this one since the aussie tour....

Won't be able to watch it live during the weekdays...will try to stay up with the action in weekends....

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Glad to be here before the all exciting series of the year....as you know i am brand new here,....

just some info wud help me to make sure i dont violate things here....

Can we post pics of cricket[ers] here that are related to this series?
can some one please tell if inline images of cricket[ers] are allowed here?

Thanks.

JackPot

U19 12th Man
Btw anybody knows who would be the guys commentating in this series, i was watching the OD game between NSW and WA today and Blewett and Fleming were commentating in that game so that means they aren't going to be around for this test series, so i was just kind of wondering who are gonna be the commentators in this series.
the games are aired on Neo Cricket in the asian sub continent....I think they managed to get Ravi Shastri and Gavaskar into their commentary team. The rest of the Neo's team are terrible to me.

JackPot

U19 12th Man
I have searched around in other threads to see if any inline imaging is allowed or not and found some. I am posting Images related to Aus-Ind series. Please kindly PM me if it is violating the thread rules and apologies if i did so