• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Clarke is not having a great tour, but his footworks looks much more assured this innings. I wouldn't put it past him to bat out the day and get a double or something. I have a bad feeling about this one, India might get too complacent and just wait for wickets to fall. Dhoni hasn't used Sehwag and Tendulkar as he should, and we need to break this partnership up.

Say what you may about past glories, but the Aussie team is used to winning, and I don't think they are going to let go easily.

Australia to go to stumps 390/7.

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm actually a little concerned with Cameron White coming in. As a Victorian supporter having seen White played some terrific innings in FC and One Day Cricket, I know how useful and dangerous he can be with the bat.

Overall I'm feeling positive that we can roll Australia over just after lunch or before tea at the most, but White worries me a little bit. Brett Lee applied himself really well too in the first innings.

Precambrian

Banned
Clarke is not having a great tour, but his footworks looks much more assured this innings. I wouldn't put it past him to bat out the day and get a double or something. I have a bad feeling about this one, India might get too complacent and just wait for wickets to fall. Dhoni hasn't used Sehwag and Tendulkar as he should, and we need to break this partnership up.

Say what you may about past glories, but the Aussie team is used to winning, and I don't think they are going to let go easily.

Duh. Worst case scenarios doesnt get better than that!

masterblaster

International Captain

Even I think that is way too pessimistic. You really think that on a fifth day wicket with Harbhajan, Sharma and Mishra bowling that Australia will finish up on 390/7?

I think you're short selling the Indian bowling way too much here.

Precambrian

Banned
I'm actually a little concerned with Cameron White coming in. As a Victorian supporter having seen White played some terrific innings in FC and One Day Cricket, I know how useful and dangerous he can be with the bat.

Overall I'm feeling positive that we can roll Australia over just after lunch or before tea at the most, but White worries me a little bit. Brett Lee applied himself really well too in the first innings.
On Australian wickets, yes. Not when two spinners are bowling in tandem. He had no clue about that googly Mishy got him with!

pasag

RTDAS

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Brett Lee's really quite handy with the bat. In fact, based on 2005, he's the one tail-ender i'd most want to come in with an hour of the test left to save. Johnson isn't a bad blocker either, does a handy night watchman job sometimes.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

LOL, I get it, you're trying to jinx us. :laugh:

pasag

RTDAS
Brett Lee's really quite handy with the bat. In fact, based on 2005, he's the one tail-ender i'd most want to come in with an hour of the test left to save. Johnson isn't a bad blocker either, does a handy night watchman job sometimes.
Johnson's a much better batsmen then Lee.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Gillespie?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't see how you can't talk up a side that only loses twice a decade....
Last few matches against India that we haven't won, you've gone on your usual "Australia will still win it/save it etc." posts and have been wrong. Jinx!!! Ban him imo :ph34r:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Even I think that is way too pessimistic. You really think that on a fifth day wicket with Harbhajan, Sharma and Mishra bowling that Australia will finish up on 390/7?

I think you're short selling the Indian bowling way too much here.
The problem is the wicket hasn't broken up much at all. There is some turn there but the spinners will have to bowl well to get those wickets. And Clarke and Haddin seemed to have settled down by the end today. Gotta go with the nightmare scenario..

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
True, but they'll have to do it all again. If they can bat out 2 sessions worth, I see hope. Otherwise, forget about it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia was the best team in the world because they came out of these situations time and time again. However, the players that created those feats are no longer in the side. It's simply only the same Test nation, not necessarily the same team. If the two out on the field were Steve Waugh and Adam Gilchrist I'd think we'd be in with a shot - silly enough, maybe even win it. But these new boys have a lot to prove.
Pretty sure that if Steve Waugh was in a situation like this he'd make about 42. :)