• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Australia in India***

Precambrian

Banned
Just watched that Sachin's catch of Katich. While it was a silly shot, absolutely ripper of a catch by TEndulkar. **** you critics!!! He looked 25 there!!!

masterblaster

International Captain
again, lol at SS's habitual pessimism. ;)
Following Indian Cricket for a long period of time will do that to you I'm afraid. Although for the first time in a while, there is genuine reason to be pretty positive about India and the way they've played. They've been completely professional and that's been really good to see.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watched that Sachin's catch of Katich. While it was a silly shot, absolutely ripper of a catch by TEndulkar. **** you critics!!! He looked 25 there!!!
Brilliant catch

Also liked it when he threw the stumps down left handed

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yes, they've comprehensively beaten Australia in both bowling and batting. That, of course, does not translate to a win. I think we havea great chance, but its far from a given. Australia bat deep, and just one partnership has to come good.

masterblaster

International Captain
He sure did. To hell with Mark Waugh in the Fox Sports studio who said during the drinks break after the catch took place that Tendulkar 'Is not one of the most mobile fielders in the Indian side'. Shut up Junior, Tendulkar has been one of India's best in the field for many, many years and still continues to be despite being 35.

Going off topic but his expert comments have been nothing but Aussie biased drivel, which really shows his lack of understanding. A shame because I really enjoyed watching him as a player. Fox Sports should've got Greg Blewett to offer comments instead.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Let's not get too excited here. Australia did not become the best team in the world by not being able to get out of tough situations. Clarke is an excellent player of spin, and these two have neutralized the spinners, with excellent stroke play. Batting out the day is not out of the question.

This one partnership already batted out 30 overs, the next five just need to bat out the next 90.
Australia was the best team in the world because they came out of these situations time and time again. However, the players that created those feats are no longer in the side. It's simply only the same Test nation, not necessarily the same team. If the two out on the field were Steve Waugh and Adam Gilchrist I'd think we'd be in with a shot - silly enough, maybe even win it. But these new boys have a lot to prove.

Precambrian

Banned
He sure did. To hell with Mark Waugh in the Fox Sports studio who said during the drinks break after the catch took place that Tendulkar 'Is not one of the most mobile fielders in the Indian side'. Shut up Junior, Tendulkar has been one of India's best in the field for many, many years and still continues to be despite being 35.

Going off topic but his expert comments have been nothing but Aussie biased drivel, which really shows his lack of understanding. A shame because I really enjoyed watching him as a player. Fox Sports should've got Greg Blewett to offer comments instead.
Lol at Mark Waugh's silliness! How many times Sachin had Australians doubtful of the double when the ball went to him in the deep this match? Sachin's been one of the best allrounder fielders we had, expect him to be safe in slips or long stop or point.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

I remember him saying Sachin wasn't particularly mobile...but I think he meant that in general. I don't remember him saying "in the Indian side". Although, I wouldn't say I am sure about it.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Let's not get too excited here. Australia did not become the best team in the world by not being able to get out of tough situations. Clarke is an excellent player of spin, and these two have neutralized the spinners, with excellent stroke play. Batting out the day is not out of the question.

This one partnership already batted out 30 overs, the next five just need to bat out the next 90.

If Micheal Clarke outmaneuvered India 's spinners while wagging the Australia tail to a shock draw I wonder who would still be calling him soft.

Precambrian

Banned
Australia was the best team in the world because they came out of these situations time and time again. However, the players that created those feats are no longer in the side. It's simply only the same Test nation, not necessarily the same team. If the two out on the field were Steve Waugh and Adam Gilchrist I'd think we'd be in with a shot - silly enough, maybe even win it. But these new boys have a lot to prove.
I don't think an Australian win was ever possible here, without Indian bowlers doing terribly, even if Australia had their best XI. Indian bowlers looked top class. And boy, Love you Ishy! You man-boy!!

duffer

I counted at least 4 balls that missed off stump by a coat of paint though. Don't get me wrong, they've shown plenty of heart but 90 overs is a long long time under that type of pressure.

Precambrian

Banned
I remember him saying Sachin wasn't particularly mobile...but I think he meant that in general. I don't remember him saying "in the Indian side". Although, I wouldn't say I am sure about it.
Duh, I thought mobile as in literal sense. He probably mean "mobile" as in "upwardly mobile". Where he had the time?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think an Australian win was ever possible here, without Indian bowlers doing terribly, even if Australia had their best XI. Indian bowlers looked top class. And boy, Love you Ishy! You man-boy!!
Nah, disagree. If we had the side that we had in the last Ashes series I think we'd have spanked you. The pitch was there to get a lot of runs on. The Indian bowlers, whilst being good, have gotten our batsmen to some really daft shots.

Our batting line-up consists of only 2 batsmen who have more than 3000 runs. Our bowling line-up consists of only Lee with a substantial amount of wickets. This is almost back to zero stuff for the Aussies. I don't wish to take any credit away from the Indians. But to see this side as it WAS is a mistake. This is an almost completely new side IMO.

Johnners

Only thing I'm distraught about is how **** our bowling was. Australian batsmen have failed before to quality bowling/stupid shots, but I have not seen Australian bowling attack look so clueless, hopeless for quite some time.