• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Raz0r6ack

U19 12th Man
At the current rate, they can easily score 500 and declare with 15 over before the end by end of today.

500 or close on a slow scoring pitch is a near guarantee at not losing this game. Any more is just wasting time IMO.
If you were to declare tonight it would be with less then 5 overs go. So you get 2 cracks at them with the new ball.

If you declare 15-20 overs tonight then India doesn't face the new ball in the morning. India could 0/70 and right back in the game.

I'd still prefer to bat as long as possible so the spinners can have 2-3 fielders around the bat for much longer when the pitch is not as placid.

Saket1209

State Vice-Captain
I think Aus is playing too slow. I still think if India can take 2-3 quick wicket ,and dismiss Aus at a score of less than 500 runs, they are still in the game considering the pitch.

The_CricketUmpire

U19 Captain
Australia have done the smart thing by consciously batting time (as well as for runs). Think they're banking on this pitch wearing late on day 3 so wouldn't be surprised if they only declared tomorrow (unless they somehow collapse) after bashing around a few.
I think Khawaja could of shown a bit more intent and scored a bit quicker. He may have got to a double century by now.

Kraken

State Captain
I don’t mind it was Green to get out tbh. It’s likely he will have to bowl a fair bit - go put the feet up son