• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

sphynx

U19 Debutant
I mean the main reason he was getting it to "rear up" was that he pitched it in his own half and Green was all but on his knees waiting for the full pitched ball (and out of his crease). It's definitely much more consistent, but mostly it's just really slow - that's what makes the back foot defensive shot so sound, you get so much time to adjust to whatever the pitch is doing. It did seem to quicken up just the tad by the end of the day though.
I think the new ball had something to do with it.

My point was, in Nagpur if Shami tried the same bouncer, it was barely getting above waist height for the likes of Khawaja.

Spark

Global Moderator
10 over old ball, 9:30am start, it swung yesterday morning so you start with... two spinners? Don't get it

EDIT: Ah Shami just swapping ends. Makes more sense now

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Shami on now. Might have been an end change but makes no sense unless he bowled the final over last night?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some of these seem to be almost going underground, albeit slowly off the deck. Seems even lower than yesterday, but I guess it could be the roller.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Some of these seem to be almost going underground, albeit slowly off the deck. Seems even lower than yesterday, but I guess it could be the roller.
My observations as well.

Seems to be keeping lower and Jadeja's first over turned more than most yesterday.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
Bat all day and these are likely the best bowling conditions in the first hour
Yep.

It's like 38 degree's out there.

Could knock the stuffing out of the bowlers for the rest of the test if they bleed the field like they are currently doing.