• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith mate wtf. Horrible series from him allround, had high hopes given his form coming in and asia runs earlier in the year but he's just been dismal. Sweeping when he normally doesn't, lapses in concentration, being beaten by the straight one playing for turn repeatedly. I can't imagine 2017 smith doing any of that.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
If you told me coming into the 4th test that neither smith or marnus had crossed 50, we'de swapped captains mid tour, that usman was averaging sub 30 and that we missed hazlewood the whole series while not having green or starc till the 3rd test and missing cummins for the last 2 tests while india had everyone available bar pant and iyer in the 1st test I would have expected us to be getting absolutely hammered, 0-3 and a few innings losses. Despite some dismal efforts at times the fact where 1-2 right now and had a serious chance to be 2-1 before a collective brainfade is a huge achievment.

anil1405

International Captain
If you told me coming into the 4th test that neither smith or marnus had crossed 50, we'de swapped captains mid tour, that usman was averaging sub 30 and that we missed hazlewood the whole series while not having green or starc till the 3rd test and missing cummins for the last 2 tests while india had everyone available bar pant and iyer in the 1st test I would have expected us to be getting absolutely hammered, 0-3 and a few innings losses. Despite some dismal efforts at times the fact where 1-2 right now and had a serious chance to be 2-1 before a collective brainfade is a huge achievment.
Spinners, barring Lyon in first test, made a huge impact.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This match feels a lot like the Brisbane one. Except the Indian bowling unit is actually good. Should've scored 400+, will need to do well to get to 300 at this point.

Raz0r6ack

U19 12th Man
Smith mate wtf. Horrible series from him allround, had high hopes given his form coming in and asia runs earlier in the year but he's just been dismal. Sweeping when he normally doesn't, lapses in concentration, being beaten by the straight one playing for turn repeatedly. I can't imagine 2017 smith doing any of that.
I think Mark Waugh is on the money. I think the Ashes this year will be the last of Steve Smith in Test cricket. Especially if Australia win.