• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think this pitch was tactically a very good move if it was designed in a thoughful way like this, but man it's tough to watch.

People complain about matches being over inside three days or whatever but I'd definitely rather watch a three day Test on a bunsen than a five day Test on this (as it's playing so far anyway). Hopefully it does a bit more and/or gets a bit quicker as the game goes on.

subshakerz

International Coach
I think this pitch was tactically a very good move if it was designed in a thoughful way like this, but man it's tough to watch.

People complain about matches being over inside three days or whatever but I'd definitely rather watch a three day Test on a bunsen than a five day Test on this (as it's playing so far anyway). Hopefully it does a bit more and/or gets a bit quicker as the game goes on.
Disagree. It's a good wicket that will slowly break down. Bowlers have a bit but it comes on to the bat well and is not sluggish.

For another attack, they could score at a much faster rate but India has been disciplined so far.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Khawaja has been the best batsman this series by a distance. Will deserve it if he cashes in on a flat one here.
Ehh, he's had good knocks but also had a ton of single figure scores. Rohit's series this far has been better and ide argue before today that marnus's was aswell. Still a fantastic effort from him though, he's come a long way from not playing in Bangladesh early in his career.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ehh, he's had good knocks but also had a ton of single figure scores. Rohit's series this far has been better and ide argue before today that marnus's was aswell. Still a fantastic effort from him though, he's come a long way from not playing in Bangladesh early in his career.
I was thinking about Rohit too but Khawaja has definitely been better than Marnus, even before today. This is his third fifty of the series; Marnus has 0.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Played well in 3 tests in a row now and he's looked really secure in defense, he's been the most consistent player. Marnus is a tinny **** and Rohit played an ATG bad innings in the previous test.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I was thinking about Rohit too but Khawaja has definitely been better than Marnus, even before today. This is his third fifty of the series; Marnus has 0.
And? Marnus was our leading run scorer coming into this test and averaging 36, uzzie was averaging 28. Uzzie had two fifties to marnus's none but marnus consistently got 30-45 on decks where 200 was par. He was better than uzzie in the first test and as good as him in the second and third test. When the pressure was on in the second dig of the 2nd and 3rd test marnus was the one who stood up and actually got us something to bowl at/aced the chase, not Usman.

Fyi, not saying Usman has done poorly, even before today. He's been better then every Aussie bat bar marnus and maybe handscomb (ide say the latter has had the same impact as uzzie before today).

Spark

Global Moderator
And? Marnus was our leading run scorer coming into this test and averaging 36, uzzie was averaging 28. Uzzie had two fifties to marnus's none but marnus consistently got 30-45 on decks where 200 was par. He was better than uzzie in the first test and as good as him in the second and third test. When the pressure was on in the second dig of the 2nd and 3rd test marnus was the one who stood up and actually got us something to bowl at/aced the chase, not Usman.

Fyi, not saying Usman has done poorly, even before today. He's been better then every Aussie bat bar marnus and maybe handscomb (ide say the latter has had the same impact as uzzie before today).
This is 100% untrue IMO. First innings > second innings in most contexts but in that one especially, Usman's 60 was infinitely more important than Marnus's 20 odd or whatever it was with Head doing the work to break the back of the chase anyway.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
This is 100% untrue IMO. First innings > second innings in most contexts but in that one especially, Usman's 60 was infinitely more important than Marnus's 20 odd or whatever it was with Head doing the work to break the back of the chase anyway.
Marnus's 30* wasn't more important on its own, I didn't say that. He also made 35 in the first innings of that match and built the platform that gave Australia a decent lead. Marnus's 35 and 30*=\>Usman's 60 and 0, not 30*=/>60

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
These two really starting to ho in here, a big 3rd session will go a long way to just about putting the nail in India's coffin.

Spark

Global Moderator
Marnus's 30* wasn't more important on its own, I didn't say that. He also made 35 in the first innings of that match and built the platform that gave Australia a decent lead. Marnus's 35 and 30*=\>Usman's 60 and 0, not 30*=/>60
Nah I strongly disagree. Usman's innings was the foundation of that whole innings, without which Australia don't win the game. Marnus's 30* was little more than a cameo. His first innings knock was much more important, but pales in comparison to Usman's.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol this is an insane opinion