• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2023

R!TTER

State Regular
I really appreciate the commitment India's commentators have shown in repeatedly referring to that England test as a "one-off test" instead of the fifth test of the series.
Because it was a one off test, anyone claiming it was part of the "same series" is clearly buying some good copium!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The worst part is they've probably messed with his head (pun unintended) now by dropping him in the first place - basically making the statement that "yes you're in the form of your life but you're so so bad against spin that we're going to let this here useless **** ahead of you".

Very poor selection from Australia overall on this tour, Murphy aside.
Has been lamentable tstl. Over thought a lot of it, though to some extent it was complicated by Starc and especially Green not being available.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Because it was a one off test, anyone claiming it was part of the "same series" is clearly buying some good copium!
How was it a one off test? I get not saying it's the same series since the england side that played those first 4 tests and the last test where in completely different places and a year had passed, but the test was clearly the 5th test that was delayed.

Burgey

I mean it's good if he can get under way against the quick stuff. Let's be honest, he's never there to **** spiders, so if he can give us a couple of hours the score will roll along

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Head been lamentable tstl. Over thought a lot of it, though to some extent it was complicated by Starc and especially Green not being available.
How do you explain the injuries of Starc and Green as the reason for Renshaw playing over Head?

Burgey

I don't think the Renshaw over Head selection was a direct result of Green and Starc missing, but I think those injuries upset the balance of the squad to the point it led to them having to run with four bowlers last game, two of whom bowl the same stuff. It meant that both Renshaw and Handscomb played which is less than ideal.

Edit: and before anyone suggests otherwise, I'm not saying if those guys play Aus get anywhere near a win. That was not happening regardless.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
2 wickets for Shami
Siraj could've got 1-2 himself.

So Australia may have made a mistake by playing just the 1 pacer. I am certain Australian pacers would have extracted just as much if not more from this wicket!