• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Best we can hope for from here is for one of the bats to play a great 4th innings knock and give them a bit of a scare (i.e. lose by less than a hundred).

And yeah, if Australia **** this one up from here, they're going to get roasted for the rest of the series.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Wow.. what a day!!! Absolutely demoralizing despiriting. Think first time we have had such a day under Kohli.. Guess it had to happen sometime or the other. The game can bite you in the ass when you try to be too fancy and Virat is finding it out the hard way. Everything goes back to how he tried to manufacture a 5-fer for Umesh and it all went downhill since.

The worst part is the pitch si a bunsen mafia is back. The idiotic posts calling all wickets during the home season as "bunsens" were seen earlier int he thread. And the nauseatingly arrogant and smug Michael Clarke on commentary just makes it worse. :( Wish India could catch half decently, we might have been batting by the end of the day. Ashwin must be so tired, he has basically carried the bowling this innings. And seen two of his Chennai mates drop dollies to help Smith get to 60. :@

All is not lost though. Burgey will be happy to know, I am sure, that Chennai boy Sriram worked the magic potion that made Australian spinners threatening again. :p

Seriously though, brilliant bowling by Steve O Keefe. The ptich is a turner but the turn is slow and the bounce and pace are pretty consistent, which means when batsmen, like the aussies in both innings, are intent on just defending the LBW and the stumps and dont mind being beaten on the outside edge, it is easier to bat on. Problem is, Aussies were nowhere near the ball, so in a way, not being that good at picking and reacting to spin has helped them stay put, while the Indians have followed the line of the ball, tried to score off them and lost their wickets in a heap to SOK. He deserves the wickets, I have been saying he is good ever since the SL tests and nice to see him justify all the hype. He is perfect for the track as he also gets it through at a better pace. Jadeja's improvement as a spinner over the past 12 months has actually hindered him on this track, which is made for his old bowling style of darts that turn.

Having said all that, it would be a massive massive choke job if Australia were to lose from here. The pitch is still not a demon even though the turn is increasing and there are patches on the track which might btring in inconsistent bounce, but I still think India would fancy a chase of upto 350. Very interesting weekend on the cards. :)
So it was the local guy Sriram who dropped two catches. One was tough but the other one was a dolly.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Hilarious day

All those Indian supporters that declared this a "good pitch" on Day 1 need to go to Specsavers

It was crap before the toss, crap on day 1 and crap on day 2

Smoot, Smitteh, TPC, etc is burying you and you only have yourselves to blame for serving up such dross
The pitch is fine. Crap would define your posting about it really well though.

TheJediBrah

Hilarious day

All those Indian supporters that declared this a "good pitch" on Day 1 need to go to Specsavers

It was crap before the toss, crap on day 1 and crap on day 2

Smoot, Smitteh, TPC, etc is burying you and you only have yourselves to blame for serving up such dross
Some are still in denial it seems

edit: lol honestly didn't see that last post^

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's pure anti-cricket in the Nagpur 2015 vein, as we all came to agree on the disgrace of that pitch. But at least its entertaining.

Fenil

Cricket Web Staff Member
If I remember correctly, the pitch curator said it would be a fast bowler's pitch. lol If this is what he calls a fast bowler's pitch, prolly he will make a landing pit for triple jumpers if he is told to make a rank turner then. Harsha Bhogle described it perfectly when he said 'The spider looking vulnerable in it's own web!'.

Oh, by the way, I still can't get how this is a 'bad pitch'. There are only four types of pitches: batting friendly, bowler friendly, sporting pitch and dangerous track (should be and is banned for obvious reasons). I don't see a reason why a seaming pitch is called good but a dustbowl is called bad. I believe it would be just a different way to testing the batsmen's skills.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

It's pure anti-cricket in the Nagpur 2015 vein, as we all came to agree on the disgrace of that pitch. But at least its entertaining.
I don't even mind it tbh. As long as it isn't the norm, the occasional bunsen makes for interesting viewing.

If I remember correctly, the pitch curator said it would be a fast bowler's pitch. lol If this is what he calls a fast bowler's pitch, prolly he will make a landing pit for triple jumpers if he is told to make a rank turner then. Harsha Bhogle described it perfectly when he said 'The spider looking vulnerable in it's own web!'.

Oh, by the way, I still can't get how this is a 'bad pitch'. There are only four types of pitches: batting friendly, bowler friendly, sporting pitch and dangerous track. I don't see a reason why a seaming pitch is called good but a dustbowl is called bad. I believe it would be just a different way to testing the batsmen's skills.
As I said at the time, no one took the curator seriously. His comments were absurdly stupid and wrong, and it was plain to see that even the day before the game.

I agree with the "bad pitch" thing. Can't really say it's a "bad pitch", just a different kind of pitch.

Last edited:

Daemon

Man the most boring thing on CW is probably hb and ***** losing their **** vs people who chime in with a couple of posts on the pitch then disappear. Lets not go there this time, please.

TheJediBrah

Guess some here don't understand wat a Bunsen is either. Mumbai 2004 for anyone with sense.
Give it a rest already. This pitch is a spinners paradise, and just because it's not literally the biggest bunsen in the history of the game doesn't change that fact.

Man the most boring thing on CW is probably hb and ***** losing their **** vs people who chime in with a couple of posts on the pitch then disappear. Lets not go there this time, please.
what's the big deal though? Pitch conditions are part of the game of cricket and this is a cricket discussion forum. Not sure why anyone would "lose their ****"

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The pitch is fine. Crap would define your posting about it really well though.
The pitch is a disgrace and anyone with even the most basic knowledge of cricket knows it.

You have tried the whole Gautam thing for ages and have been found out

Suffer baby!