• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many do we think Handscomb and Starc need to put on before we call it 50/50 again? Get it down to 45 required with 4 in hand?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
And lets not forget SOK hung around 80 balls in worse conditions trying to save the game. Even if Starc fails (and he has not failed yet with the bat this series) I dont think we can write this game off. I would say its still 50-50 simply because with less than 90 to get, even a few big shots can discourage and dishearten the bowling team.
75-25 to India's favor

morgieb

How many do we think Handscomb and Starc need to put on before we call it 50/50 again? Get it down to 45 required with 4 in hand?
Probably. If they can put on 50 I'll start beliving again.

Right now it's around 85/15. Not quite impossible for Australia to comeback, but it's not going to be easy TSTL.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Keeping all the other ****ery constant, if Nevill had been in this side, he would have caught Pujara and this wouldn't be happening to Australia right now.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Presuming India win this, that final session yesterday is the decisive one. India batted superbly and Australia lost their way a bit with their bowling and tactics.

Burgey

Need to get it down to 30 odd I reckon. A 50 partnership here is long odds though.

OverratedSanity

Presuming India win this, that final session yesterday is the decisive one. India batted superbly and Australia lost their way a bit with their bowling and tactics.
I don't think we can necessarily pinpoint one session though. The entire test has been filled with moments like that.

Daemon

I reckon Australia will have a decent free flowing partnership that will bring them close. They'll then feel that they need to do it in singles and start ****ting themselves.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honest to science every session has been a decisive session. No getting away from that.

Burner

International Regular
That Shaun Marsh dismissal is sucha big moment in this match. Aus going to regret not reviewing that for some time

morgieb

I reckon Australia will have a decent free flowing partnership that will bring them close. They'll then feel that they need to do it in singles and start ****ting themselves.
This sounds pretty much bang on. I'm pretty sure given what we've seen so far this Test ends in a bang not a whimper.