• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played India, but a horribly gutless display from our blokes. Should be ashamed of themselves frankly.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Easily the most insipid, cowardly performance from an Australian team in India in twenty years. Or more. This is the kind of **** we associate with the Indian cricket team.

Spikey

Watson is a liability and should be dropped anyway
yeah but if you drop him you'll just hear a bunch of bullcrap about how unfair it is because he needs to open (where he averages 19.9 in his 10 innings there since the end of the Ashes)

of course watson himself is probably the man going home after this test anyway.

Spikey

b00nchmark99 to tell us that it's not all that bad, and to stop overreacting.
tbf, it isn't. you've got 4 openers who all suck against spin, a keeper who sucks against spin, and two all-rounders with questionable batting. we're performing as expected. the good thing is, we can call in an opener who sucks against spin to replace one of the openers who suck against spin

i'm just getting progressively more annoyed with watson

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well.. Australia have to sort out Watson and Clarke's positions in the order. And yes, I still think Watson is a better bet than most of their other batsmen (excluding Clarke, that is) to score big in India..

I mean, this is a horrible performance by any standards.. Did they even beat the Pujara/Vijay partnership?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Too much faith and hope invested in Watson, especially on these pitches where you need soft hands and movement, not the brutish, stilted technique he has. And he's only ever been slightly above average anyway, but ooh he's in the leadership group, can't drop him,

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean, this genuinely is the weakest Australian side we've ever played in my lifetime and that's without exaggeration, but it's hard to say how much of that is us being genuinely **** (which is a major factor tbf) and extreme selector incompetence which hopefully won't be repeated.

ProteasFan

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Wow, that was a truly new low for Australia.

It wasn't the fact you got beat but more the whimsy manner in which it happened that makes this disgraceful.

I

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I mean, this genuinely is the weakest Australian side we've ever played in my lifetime and that's without exaggeration, but it's hard to say how much of that is us being genuinely **** (which is a major factor tbf) and extreme selector incompetence which hopefully won't be repeated.
It is bad..no way are people like Cowan and Hughes are elite, international level batsmen. Warner and Watson are just unpredictable; the latter is just outright aggravating. There's just absolutely nothing other than Clarke.

I think it's best to scalp all spinners, and just go with a pace attack. The spinners won't do anything here; just ask Pattinson and Starc to run in and bowl as fast as they can. Next game being Mohali, it's always an even chance they scare the Indians out of their comfort zone.

sunilreddy

Banned
Pujara: ' I'm really happy. There was a bit of pressure as I just got married and my wife wanted me to perform. :laugh:

Poor fellow.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is bad..no way are people like Cowan and Hughes are elite, international level batsmen. Warner and Watson are just unpredictable; the latter is just outright aggravating. There's just absolutely nothing other than Clarke.

I think it's best to scalp all spinners, and just go with a pace attack. The spinners won't do anything here; just ask Pattinson and Starc to run in and bowl as fast as they can. Next game being Mohali, it's always an even chance they scare the Indians out of their comfort zone.
If there is one thing that Shane Watson is NOT, it's unpredictable

He has very specific scoring zones and you can bet your life on him throwing away a start

Spikey

Chris Barrett ‏@ChrisBarrett_

Michael Clarke says he will definitely now move up the batting order . "I have no choice" #ausvind