• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

cameeel

International Captain
Demolition Man said:
Come on i'm clutching at straws here. A maiden is a moral victory, well not really, oh this really is unpleasant. :wacko:
Oh, i'm a bit slow this evening, M for maiden, ha :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
not the best half-hour but come Australia lets do something, i'm missing school just to watch you.....

six_and_out

Cricket Spectator
Let's not kid ourselves here. It's over. England has defeated an insipid Australian side 2-1. It's fair to say England has played their best cricket this series and Australia, far from theirs (at least with the bat). This said, England - playing their best - still cannot beat an under-achieving Australian side convincingly. 2 Test wins by 2 runs and 3 wickets respectively is not at all convincing and I doubt Australia will lose its No. 1 position in world cricket as a result of this series alone.

Now, to kid ourselves a bit ;)

<shameless optimism>
If we can get some good conditions and get England out in one and a half sessions, that leaves one and a half sessions to score today's contribution plus 34 from the day before plus the 6 we were behind by. That's about 220 runs total (at the most) to get in 1.5 sessions. This would require scoring at about 5 per over - not to mention a phenomenal bowling performance to get England out for around 180 runs in half a day. Well, I did say we would be kidding ourselves here.
</shameless optimism>

If anyone can do it, this Australian team can do it.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
six_and_out said:
Let's not kid ourselves here. It's over. England has defeated an insipid Australian side 2-1. It's fair to say England has played their best cricket this series and Australia, far from theirs (at least with the bat). This said, England - playing their best - still cannot beat an under-achieving Australian side convincingly. 2 Test wins by 2 runs and 3 wickets respectively is not at all convincing and I doubt Australia will lose its No. 1 position in world cricket as a result of this series alone.

Is it hurting that much...is it??