• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Adamc said:
If Australia lose this, it will be the highest ever successful chase in List A history.
WOW. People said that Twenty20 game meant nothing. Conceding the highest ever winning total in the history of official OD cricket, however, and to a pretty poor team (although it is two class players doing the damage), WOULD mean something.

If the Aussies lose this, it will be one HELL of a tonic for England ahead of Sunday's game.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
WOW. People said that Twenty20 game meant nothing. Conceding the highest ever winning total in the history of official OD cricket, however, and to a pretty poor team (although it is two class players doing the damage), WOULD mean something.

If the Aussies lose this, it will be one HELL of a tonic for England ahead of Sunday's game.
very true. my planned excuses in case of a loss are the fact that we rested three of the ideal players, and that two of our batsmen who were going well retired, when they could have carried on and scored even more

King_Ponting

International Regular
King_Ponting said:
Somerset run rate 8.59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring on clarke!!!!!!!!!!!
F*k yeh im on a roll today picked clarke as the partnership breaker and the exact ball amount for smithy's hundred. Thats it im buying a lotto ticket

Scaly piscine

This is usually the sort of start England make to their Ashes tours, Somerset still have plenty of firepower left and they'll win unless they bottle it.

King_Ponting

International Regular
andyc said:
very true. my planned excuses in case of a loss are the fact that we rested three of the ideal players, and that two of our batsmen who were going well retired, when they could have carried on and scored even more
No excuse i'd lay it on the bowlers. The batsman put the score on the board and they go and f*k it up. if they lose totally blame must be accepted by the bowlers

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, things really aren't going to plan for the Aussies. I'm sure that Messers Lehmann, Hogg, Thompson will all be shifting in their seats a little more uncomfortably.

andyc

why is hussey continuing? one of the three main bowlers should come back on to have a go at the new man in

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hehe, this is pretty funny. The perceived quality of Australia's bowling attack has declined so much in the space of 42 overs that everyone gets excited when a part-time bowler takes a wicket against an ordinary English domestic team. :p

143 off 160, Somerset should still win this.

King_Ponting

International Regular
andyc said:
why is hussey continuing? one of the three main bowlers should come back on to have a go at the new man in
Cause husseys gonna bowl the overs that Watson cant cause he got belted. Its a good chance to hopefully bottle it up and get the overs out of the way

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
5.4rpo with nine wickets in hand doesn't seem terribly taxing given that they are presently going at over 8rpo. Somerset's batting lineup beyond the top three isn't great though. I think Lee's next spell may decide the outcome either way.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'm disappointed they didn't send Blackwell in at 3 - just when they think they've got over the worst of it by getting rid of GCS......... :p

Would have been a laugh. A quick thirty from John Francis, and a couple of twenties from the middle order, and the match may well be ours.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Loony BoB said:
Jayasuriya 100* (77) and going strong... if he stays in, this could be over before too long! Crazy!
Is Sanath just lacing balls over backward point for fun again?

When he gets in the mood, there's few more mind blowing.