• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
King_Ponting said:
Does retired out count as a dismissal in your stats? or is it the same as a retired hurt and hence is put down as a not out in your stats?
Counts as a dismissal.

Looks a good total, 342/5.

archie mac

International Coach
This can't be right all in agreement?

After Bill O'Reilly had his leg taken off, he wrote a lettet to Parkinson

"I just sit here watching the kitchen wall in case someone runs off with it. It is a very boring occupation but I have to tell you that it is infinitely more interesting than watching one-day Cricket"

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Whoa, I didn`t know that. Bit odd.
It's fair enough, I think. If a batsman just says "I don't want to bat anymore" without a good reason (i.e. injury), they should be penalised. Certainly, the shouldn't be allowed to go back in to bat. The only instance of this happening in a Test match that i can remember was when Atapattu (202-odd) and Jayawardene (140-odd) retired against Bangladesh.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
marc71178 said:
If retired out, then he couldn't!
Never knew that - thought it was like retired hurt. I've never seen it happen before, so no wonder I didn't know!

You can come back when you're retired hurt, right?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Barney Rubble said:
Never knew that - thought it was like retired hurt. I've never seen it happen before, so no wonder I didn't know!

You can come back when you're retired hurt, right?
Yes, at the fall of a wicket.

If players were just allowed to retire for no reason, and go back into bat, they could just rotate whenever they felt like it, which would have obvious advantages, especially in uncomfortable conditions.

PY

International Coach
Well you learn something new everyday, I didn't know it went down as an out in the stats. I knew they couldn't return but thought it'd count as a not-out.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
This is the match I was talking about. Sri Lanka are recorded as being five wickets down even though only three were actually taken by Bangladesh.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like it's going to be all-or-nothing for Somerset, Graeme Smith and Jayasuriya opening. Not much in the way of batting after that, it would seem.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Looks like another ten sixes from Blackie should do it! :D

And Somerset do have a pretty fearsome opening pair for a team so rubbish. Not for much longer, though, Jayasuriya's off home soon.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like England have enlisted South Africa and Sri Lanka to try to demoralise Australia ahead of the ODIs. Granted, Smith and Jayasuriya are world-class batsmen, but really:

Lee 4-0-26-0
McGrath 6-0-37-0 (1w)
Kasprowicz 4-0-41-0 (2nb)
Watson 2-0-28-0 (1w)

RRR down to 6.18 now.