• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I was just telling Neil on MSN before that Tait had a poor defence too. He looks good right now. He's got a nice slog on him as well when he hits one, but usually just misses and gets bowled.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Turning down the single now. Oooooh! :D

Is Tait total bunny? I seem to recall him reading about him experimenting with batting left-handed in the nets once? Or is that my imagination?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Turning down the single now. Oooooh! :D

Is Tait total bunny? I seem to recall him reading about him experimenting with batting left-handed in the nets once? Or is that my imagination?
Well as I was just saying, he's a slogger in my experience, but he's actually kept a few good ones out already. I don't know why Lee wouldn't take a single given that Australia need every run.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Given the weather and the memory of the last game, he almost certainly will. England have to make their stand here if they are to win the Ashes. It'll be difficult to beat Australia at the Oval.
Why?

They make a habit of it.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hmm.

That's actually a bit uncalled for from Jones there. If Lee goes a mile to leg, bowling it straight at him and attempting to hit him with no concern for taking the wicket seems like pretty poor form.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hmm.

That's actually a bit uncalled for from Jones there. If Lee goes a mile to leg, bowling it straight at him and attempting to hit him with no concern for taking the wicket seems like pretty poor form.
Counter-productive anyway as they nicked the single.

& another 6 from Lee! This is classic tailend stuff!

Slow Love™

International Captain
Good lord, there was some power in that one. Funny how the Poms have turned off the brains a fair bit when Lee (and Warne) has been at the crease, and it seems to devolve somewhat to a contest of ego at times rather than steady bowling to get him out.

Slow Love™

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Hmm.

I think he was just trying to stop him getting the single. Lee backed away and Jones followed him with the ball. Standard stuff in ODIs - can't see anything that egregious about it, myself..

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Australian tail-ender the top scorer yet again.

This is just embarrassing. Here`s hoping Australia make 500+ but I think we already know the answer to that one.