• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
What time does the match start?
Should be in around half an hour, but apparently it's threatened by rain.

Australia named their team anyway, resting Gilchrist, Martyn, McGrath, Lee and Warne. Haddin, Hodge, Tait, Kasprowicz and Macgill come in.

Slow Love™

International Captain
King_Ponting said:
Yes he does have the highest average as infinity is higher than any number..... 8-)
Except that his average isn't "infinity" - it's "undefined".

(I realise you've already copped heaps on this, but it's not below me to kick a man when he's down. :p)

Is it raining in Worcestershire right now? The scoreboard reads "start delayed by rain", but it also lists Langer having hit a boundary off the first ball...

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i dont know about the wrest of you, but i would have thought Ponting would have ratherd to bowl first in this game...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
This thread could blast 10, 000 posts at this rate. :-O

I hope Tait does well. And Kasper. Can`t wait `til Thursday! :) :)

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
England unchanged.

Chairman of selectors David Graveney told BBC Sport: "We met on the Monday after the first Test and the performance of the side was very vivid in our minds.

"We have managed to become the second-ranked team in the world by being as consistent as possible with selection.

"There has been a lot of debate about those under pressure in the team and the outstanding form of Paul Collingwood but we decided that we wanted to stick with the same 12 and didn't want to shake up that squad."

No suprises then, rightly giving the chaps another go IMO.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm slightly surprised. I thought Colly would've been added to make a 13.

I really don't think there's much point including Tremlett either, I can't see him replacing any of the other seamers on the basis of one test. Hoggy probably had the weakest game, but if Tremlett has been included just to keep him on his toes why not Colly for Bell and/or Gilo?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
BoyBrumby said:
I'm slightly surprised. I thought Colly would've been added to make a 13.

I really don't think there's much point including Tremlett either, I can't see him replacing any of the other seamers on the basis of one test. Hoggy probably had the weakest game, but if Tremlett has been included just to keep him on his toes why not Colly for Bell and/or Gilo?
It's a strong signal from the selectors that they have faith in the side that reached the dizzy heights of No 2 in the world - something that was achieved in part through consistency of selection. A single defeat doesn't make England a bad side (yet :p ).