• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in England (The Ashes)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two sub-100 ball tons in one season from a guy who hadn't scored one previously in 16 years of FC cricket. Hmmmmmmmmm....................... the first question which comes to mind is, who were they playing? :D

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Top_Cat said:
Two sub-100 ball tons in one season from a guy who hadn't scored one previously in 16 years of FC cricket. Hmmmmmmmmm....................... the first question which comes to mind is, who were they playing? :D
Notts and Middlesex.

The first didn't shock me that much, given that Warne has always looked capable of hitting one on his day. I mean, he's got 10 test 50s and plenty of them have been not out, and he's looked like doing it a few times. Two in a season is a good effort though.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Notts and Middlesex.

The first didn't shock me that much, given that Warne has always looked capable of hitting one on his day. I mean, he's got 10 test 50s and plenty of them have been not out, and he's looked like doing it a few times. Two in a season is a good effort though.
Just to put it into context, Middlesex's only bowler of any note was Scott Styris!

Hopefully, Warnie will start fulfilling his batting potential on a more regular basis.

Last season, he should have been batting behind at least Gillespie and all too often he simply has a selfish swipe with no consideration for the team, his partner, or the opposition.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Nah. Warne will play at 8 until he retires. Both Lee and Gillespie are better batsmen, but he'll still bat at 8.
nah he better than Dizzy but him and Lee are even.

Hoggy31

International Captain
aussie said:
nah he better than Dizzy but him and Lee are even.
Nah, its hard to say who are better out of Warne and Gillespie because they're completely different types of batsmen but i would probably say Dizzy is the better batsman.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Yeh i'd say gillespie is a more consistent batsman, and as consistent = better than inconsistent. Gillespie is a better batsman than warne. And by consistency i mean he gets close to his average every time he bats. And i know by what ive just said mcgrath is an extremely consistent batsman but mcgrath is sh*t

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jono said:
Better value than Gillespie with the bat?
I'd guess Marc maybe talking from an "entertainment" point of view. Warne is the more naturally gifted batter, I have no doubt about that, but Dizzy is far more resolute. Values his wicket more. If there were a recognised batter at the other end (Gilly in all probability) I fancy Dizzy as the better bet to hold an end up, but if Oz were down to the tailenders I think I'd fancy Warne to smack a few quickly ahead of Dizzy.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
When it comes to winning, or saving matches I think Gillespie has proved to be more valuable to Australia.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
When it comes to winning, or saving matches I think Gillespie has proved to be more valuable to Australia.
fair enough, but u must agree that Hollywood is a more gifted batsman than dizzy.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
Yeh he is. But isnt smart enough to utilise it to its full potential, unlike gillespie
so warn hasn't utilised his full potential has a batsman at international level has well???