• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia and South Africa in West Indies ODI Tri-Series

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully this series puts all that "West Indies are so bad, cricket is suffering etc" into perspective.

In limited overs they are genuinely competitive.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Such a mediocre odi team. You have ab and amla ffs. Stop being so horrendously ****
hey hey come on now, There is only one narrative for South African ODI cricket - they choke. We don't talk about their lack of batting depth, bowling issues, chasing problems. It's simple - this was a knockout and they choked.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopefully this series puts all that "West Indies are so bad, cricket is suffering etc" into perspective.

In limited overs they are genuinely competitive.
They haven't been this good in ODIs though to be fair. This side is just playing better. Bravo's emergence is just one of the things doing well for them..guy has been promising to play a knock like that for a while.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not sure what the stats are on this or whether there is even a measure for this but Amla's trajectory in tournaments is something to look into. He usually has 1-2 (depending on the length of the tournament) great knock at the beginning of the tournament and then it's down hill from there onward.

anil1405

International Captain
Such a mediocre odi team. You have ab and amla ffs. Stop being so horrendously ****

South Africa only have AB in big games. I'd rather rely on Behardien than Amla in crunch situations.

P.S. Pretty piss poor team this with no proper squad players. :@

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How is David Wiese doing? Remember thinking he could be a good addition to that lower order.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not an unexpected result for me. None of the teams have been particularly consistent throughout.

Think our bowling was poor yesterday, cant give 20+ runs away for free in extras. After Rabada`s brilliant spell (:wub:), Morkel and Morris were very disappointing. Morkel I can understand as this was his first game back in awhile. Unsure why Abbott is not playing at the moment. I don`t know why we did not play Shamsi more this series?

I know our batting failed but this is not a new problem. Amla and AB are fine, not their best series. No Faf early on probably did not help us and QDK has not been in top form. our 5/6/7 is a joke and problematic for a long while. I can accept Morris or Parnell in the team but not both. They are both good no 8`s they have not shown anything more. We need to just replace Duminy and Berherdian (even though he has not done badly) with some youngsters, we have some talent. They will not do any worse than these two. Otherwise we need to bring in Elgar for Duminy at the very least. I would also like to give Dwaine Pretorious a go, think he could be a real find. I`m also not convinced of AB`s captaincy.

How is David Wiese doing? Remember thinking he could be a good addition to that lower order.
Wiese is not bad, but he is exactly the same as playing Morris/Parnell. Maybe a bit more of a batting all rounder but ultimately does not solve our 5/6 problem. We keep trying to extend our batting line up, but are not playing genuine quality batsmen at 5/6 until we do that extending our batting with make shift allrounders solves no problems.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Plenty of gun fielding from SA in that highlights clip. Not sure how fair the Brathwaite decision is but I guess Amla was within his rights to be standing there.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Gabriel 34/1 to be man of the match in the final tomorrow. Anyone else keen on resuming a few speculative bets on Gabriel, particularly in Bridgetown games? Cribbage was keen for a while.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i've grown very disenchanted with ODIs lately and aside from the final three games of that Eng-SA series, have not given much attention to them, but i have really enjoyed the tri series.

more pls

Compton

International Debutant
Can someone go out to the middle and explain what spin is to George Bailey? He looks absolutely bamboozled at the concept.

Stefan9

International Debutant
South Africa only have AB in big games. I'd rather rely on Behardien than Amla in crunch situations.

P.S. Pretty piss poor team this with no proper squad players. :@
In big games? When has AB ever performed in a big knock out game for anyone? He is a great player but his record in these type of games is dreadful...

We lost the game through poor selection and poor captaincy before we even get to the batting. Who was the bright spark who thought it was a good idea picking morkel ahead of abbot? Abbot had been good on tour and morkel had hardly played. Why didn't KG get a few more overs when he was on a roll?

Also I don't know what can get Domingo canned. Since he became the SA main coached the main has failed at the world cup 50/50,world t20,slip to 6th from their nr 1 test ranking and for the first time in 10 years failed to make a final in a triangular odi series. Would more this he need to fail at?

anil1405

International Captain
In big games? When has AB ever performed in a big knock out game for anyone? He is a great player but his record in these type of games is dreadful...
2015 WC Semi Final...He was going good and about to hit top gear before South Africa's best friend passed by to greet the team.

With AB there is this tiny hope that he would come good in crunch situation. I admit that he hasn't been completely reliable in such situations. Can't say the same about others. Surely not with Amla.

Stefan9

International Debutant
2015 WC Semi Final...He was going good and about to hit top gear before South Africa's best friend passed by to greet the team.

With AB there is this tiny hope that he would come good in crunch situation. I admit that he hasn't been completely reliable in such situations. Can't say the same about others. Surely not with Amla.
He didn't manage to hit one boundary after the rain, totally lost it after the rain. Was out batted by that cricket legend Grant Elliot....

He has on numerous occasions failed to deliver for titans,sa and numerous ipl teams when its a knockout game.

Never claimed Amla is in good in knockout games either but trying to see AB is above the rest when it comes to knockout games is simply factually incorrect.

anil1405

International Captain
AB is above the rest in crunch situations doesn't mean he is good. Its just me trying to say he is slightly more reliable than the rest.

The reason he didn't hit a boundary after rain break was coz the guy at the other end was going berserk, so made sense to give strike to him.

Stefan9

International Debutant
AB is above the rest in crunch situations doesn't mean he is good. Its just me trying to say he is slightly more reliable than the rest.

The reason he didn't hit a boundary after rain break was coz the guy at the other end was going berserk, so made sense to give strike to him.
Give me one knockout with no reserve game to come where he was won it for his team.

He is no way more reliable in crunch games then any of the other SA batsman, he has as bad a record if not worse record then all of them.