• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, a couple of them screwed up. I'm disappointed. But to call them spineless is pretty over the top IMO. It's pretty similar to what happened to NSW when they played T&T.

Also please don't call me bro. Implies I'm of inferior gender :p
But they should have won it. The run rate was up to 11 at one point with the spinners doing a bang up job. Then Davids dropped Bravo. If he had held, the game was the Cobras to lose. Next ball, 6.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What basis the basis for your reasoning? In the one match that they have played each other Trinidad and Tobago won by 4 wickets!!!
Due to a display of batting (and a display of poor bowling) which I do not believe we will see repeated.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, good two days, both the Vics and remaining SA team losing. Decent choke by the Cobras it seems?

Protean

State Regular
But they should have won it. The run rate was up to 11 at one point with the spinners doing a bang up job. Then Davids dropped Bravo. If he had held, the game was the Cobras to lose. Next ball, 6.
Not disputing that really. Just the choice of words I find a bit disgusting. Firstly because it paints all them with the same brush. Gibbs, Duminy and Langeveldt at the very least were strong out there. Secondly because it is a standard reaction of South African fans (and others) to make comments like that, and personally I think it's just an a lame reason to protect themselves from being fully disappointed or an easy, predictable insult. Not to mention what it must do to the players frame of minds to know people are going to say that if they lose.

shivfan

Banned
Decent go of what bro? They had the game well under control and then they dropped catches and misfielded like anything.

You can say that nobody expected Cobras to get to the semis in the first place so this is a decent effort. Who would have guessed that T & T would make it to the finals at the start of the tournament?

Cobras were let down by their good fielders like Davids and Ontong which is a shame.
I have to admit, I expected Trinidad to make it to the semi-finals, because they're a good 20/20 side, even if the so-called pundits strangely had them down as underdogs....
:dry:
But to reach the final? To me, that is a bonus....
:)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...really? Haha, NSW vs ROTW. Guess that's fair enough.

Mates are coming over, going to be so good.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
T & T fielding first. Would've preferred to see T & T try to set a total tbh, but this'll do. Super pumped for this, just finished a Red Bull and I've got some beers lined up to follow. See you guys at innings break.

Athlai

Not Terrible
"The T&T High Commission has organised for a 10-plus member band playing Calypsonian and Caribbean steel music," says Cricinfo's Nagraj Gollapudi from the venue.

Mint.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He'd slot in quite nicely as well but not sure if they'd take both Bravo and Pollard. Bravo > Pollard

Warner
Hughes
Katich
Bravo
Henriques
Pollard
D Smith/Ramdin
B Lee
Hauritz
Clark
Bollinger

^ T&T with 2 and 1/2 players in a combined XI yet still being arguably the better unit. Just shows you cricket isn't a game of individuals.

Last edited:

Sylvester

State Captain
You could have Pollard in for Steven Smith.

This will be a real test for these two who haven't done much. Rorher is looking good so far but a lot will be needed from the bowlers.