• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Delhi 46/3. First two wickets were from good deliveries, Gambhir's shot was a tad irresponsible but can be forgiven considering his form. Dilshan was done in by one that kept low. Tiwary and Karthik's partnership was impressive though and showed good grit whilst keeping the scoring high. Tiwary's dismissal was disappointing as the sweep was never on for the length and line of the delivery. Karthik has been doing well though, the over against Kleinveldt was great to watch and I hope he can bat through to his half century and hopefully beyond.

EDIT: FFS Owais, get ****ed.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
For anyone more well versed on the IPL teams than me, where is M Manhas? He is a prolific domestic performer and should certainly be worth a place above Yogesh Nayar.

EDIT: Must be injured - scored 25 against Victoria and didn't appear again.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Just how bad is this pitch to bat on?
You not watching? It is keeping low and it is slow. It is not coming on to the bat and therefore the par is around 130. Of course, if you lose early wickets, getting to such a score can seem impossible.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
For anyone more well versed on the IPL teams than me, where is M Manhas? He is a prolific domestic performer and should certainly be worth a place above Yogesh Nayar.

EDIT: Must be injured - scored 25 against Victoria and didn't appear again.
Mitthu was injured in that match, and missed all the matches that followed. Besides, he seems a T20 misfit, so Nagar was worth a try.

India's T20 stocks are getting thinner by the game. They're even losing their best players now. Yet, we don't find any IPL team trying hard to improve its Indian base. They're more keen on splurging on overseas players.

kingkallis

International Coach
Mitthu was injured in that match, and missed all the matches that followed. Besides, he seems a T20 misfit, so Nagar was worth a try.

India's T20 stocks are getting thinner by the game. They're even losing their best players now. Yet, we don't find any IPL team trying hard to improve its Indian base. They're more keen on splurging on overseas players.
Its all about money, honey! :D

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Its all about money, honey! :D
I don't believe it's a good thing. For other teams, it's all about winning matches, so they develop the whole team. The IPL team owners just want to flaunt their money spent on foreign players, paying no attention to the locals. The results have shown. Cheap (in terms of cash flaunted) teams like Eagles, Sabres and Trinis have come so far, while the much-vaunted (and cash-rich) Deccan Chargers were out early.

At times even the Syed Mushtaq Ali teams are better managed than these IPL finalists.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
You reckon? I think he played a valuable knock against Victoria.
Quiney and Hodge showed how it's done on the same pitch, then Sehwag in the next match. Manhas has a rather unimpressive T20 record anyway.