• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Airtel Twenty20 Champions League 2009

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No, just got home, ready to watch McGrath. :) What's it doing?
Yeah as you can probably see by now, it's just slow and inconsistent. It's not really assisting the bowlers but it seems really hard to time the ball, making it just a crap pitch all round IMO. I watched NSW make 130/2 and was of the opinion that it was a good score, even without considering their awesome attack.170 should definitely be several bridges too far in what's the fourth innings on this tonight.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
How is Mcgrath bowling? This match is not being broadcast in the UK, much to my shagrin as I was looking forward to watching the master bowl.

R_D

International Debutant
Accuracy is still great.... Pace little bit down as expected But bowling very well.
Has two wickets to his name.... now you wonder why the **** didn't they play him in last IPL or the last match.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Because they have the collective IQ of a dead hamster. I hope they all died of a watery cholera and were replaced with people who had actually watched a game of cricket in their lives.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Really long time since I saw McGrath celebrate a wicket the way he did today. Mishra has also been superb.

shivfan

Banned
The margin of victory is so huge, that Wayamba will have to beat Victoria by a large margin to advance....

Looks highly unlikely, IMHO.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
A bit of a delayed reaction here but.......SOMERSET LA LA LA, SOMERSET LA LA LAAAAA :D

Where be it blackbird to?
I know where ee be
Ee be up yon wurzel tree an' I be after ee
Now I sees ee an' ee sees I
Buggered if i don't get 'im
With a girt big stick I'll knock 'im down
Blackbird, I'll have thee!
Na na na na naa naa
Na na na na naa naa
How's yer fadder?
ALRIGHT!

A translation for those who don't speak Wurzel:
Where has that blackbird gone?
I know where he is
He is up that distant tree and I am after him
Now I see him and he sees me
I'll be damned if I don't get him
With a very big stick I'll knock him down
Blackbird, I'll have you!
Na na na na naa naa
Na na na na naa naa
How is you father?
ALRIGHT!

Last edited:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Been impressed by Somerset thus far. Surprising as you don't usually expect such high standards of discipline set by an English county side, but you can sense that they are a close knit team and their fielding has been class so far.
Oh you do when Justin Langer and Andy 'Sarge' Hurry (coach) are involved.

Somerset picked 6 English players (not counting Kieswetter who wil be England qualified shortly) compared to Deccan's 7 Indians. Much of a muchness really.
End of February, to be exact :D

What a match, twenty20 at its best
Indeed. Shame my mate's TV stopped recording the match 1/2 way throuh Somerset's innings :(

Yea, Pro40 particularly is played at the end of the season when most of the wickets have had it. Some grounds have slow lifeless pitches all season long, Edgbaston being one of them.
I think the powers that be have finally realised that they're not going to win the CC by drawing every match because of the pitch (although rain hasn't helped much either this season), so are actualy going to do something about it! It's taken them long enough to realise this.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Damn, I've played cricket against two people who are now raking it in in the Champions League.. Jos Butler who plays for Somerset came to my school's open day, and they decided that he was worthy of a cricket scholarship based on the fact that he carted me absolutely everywhere :)

pasag

RTDAS
Nannes was simply awesome. **** you Australian selectors.

Sehwag is a class above and Karthik's three sixes in a row in a day where not many had been scored was a lot of fun.

Last edited: