• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

Debris

International 12th Man
Probably the single worst selection idea I've seen on here for a while.
Desperate times call for desperate measures and it was mostly a comment about how dire Australia's backup open situation is. Subtlety is lost on the internet, I guess.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Desperate times call for desperate measures and it was mostly a comment about how dire Australia's backup open situation is. Subtlety is lost on the internet, I guess.
Wait, Shaun Marsh made runs in the Windies Tests and is pretty clearly in the form of his life, and now our opening situation is dire? I'm with adub here, I've given Marsh loads of **** for being rubbish in the past, but he's done everything he possibly could to deserve this chance.

Compton

International Debutant
Shaun Marsh is next off the line should
Australia replace a batsman. He scored runs in the Windies, he scored runs in the tour matches, and he's scored first class runs.

He's batting better than he ever has.

burr

State Vice-Captain
Get the feeling Rogers isn't going to play. Huge loss that.

Love to see some Clarke runs this test match.

On another note, why do test matches in England start on a Wednesday? I'd much prefer a Thurs or Fri start. By the time it's the weekend and you actually have a chance to watch game is pretty much decided.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

On another note, why do test matches in England start on a Wednesday? I'd much prefer a Thurs or Fri start. By the time it's the weekend and you actually have a chance to watch game is pretty much decided.
Pretty sure they start on Wednesday so that it gives enough of a break to start the next Test on the Thursday. That's what happened for Test 1 and 2 and seems the most logical reason. I'm not against the Thursday and next Friday start though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Works out pretty great for me. Thank you ECB

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
They do the Cardiff test on Wednesday because they have to do the Lords test on Thursday, because, but I don't get why they're doing a Wednesday/Thursday back to back tests here, rather than Thursday/Friday.

They'll definitely be desperate to get some play on day five on Sunday. Last test match at Edgbaston had three days completely washed out, so they'd have lost loads of money and it's a newly renovated ground.

howardj

International Coach
Rogers now looks certain to play according to News Limited

Glad they retained Neville

Thanks for your service Haddin, but it's time to move on...and am glad Lehmann and RMarsh have made the call

Julian87

State Captain
Wonder if Shaun Marsh is a chance to come in and replace Voges. I wouldn't agree with it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

adub

International Captain
Would be very long odds for this test, but evens or better for the 4th if Voges fails twice.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When play starts tomorrow I fully expect the outfield to be covered in chip crumbs and chocolate wrappers.