• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 Women's T20 World Cup thread

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Nat SB wins another game for England.
I think the players with that extra bit of power are going to be key on these pitches (the SA innings kind of showed that too). It's not easy finding the boundary, but she made it look far more straightforward. Of course, she's just very good anyway.

Aus v NZ today, the winner will probably top the group and thus most likely to avoid England in the semis.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a pretty regulation catch dropped at long-on. Kiwis need to take these chances.
Mind you, Perry was going nowhere at the time so wasn't the worst strategy.....but now it looks expensive.

That's a tough decision for that catch though. I thought she had fingers under the ball. One of those that is probably out but the camera always seems to suggest otherwise.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mind you, Perry was going nowhere at the time so wasn't the worst strategy.....but now it looks expensive.

That's a tough decision for that catch though. I thought she had fingers under the ball. One of those that is probably out but the camera always seems to suggest otherwise.
Yeah, but felt that against this Aussie team, you've got to grab all the chances on offer.

Himannv

Hall of Fame Member
I think this is still a good total, but I think they lost their way a bit after Perry got out.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good to limit target to 149. Though this feels a very familiar type of chase - gets behind the run rate, gradually loses wickets and then falls over about 30 runs short. Someone needs to play an exceptional innings.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they probably have, but this innings hasn't half fallen on its arse!!
At 123-5, they still had the firepower to get over 160

It’s the nature of the wicket that’s bogged down many a batter. If you got pure strength to clear the boundary, go right ahead