• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2024 South Africa tour of New Zealand: 2 tests

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I mean it's going to be one of the biggest debacles of the century in test cricket if we don't take this out 2-0 (unless it's rain affected).

There would have to be huge questions asked and some heads would roll I'd say.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Strong batting for SA but pretty dodgy bowling. Dane Patterson could be handful been very good for awhile. But nothing exciting.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm guessing Blundell bating above Phillips is for consistency and experience as it can't be because they genuinely think Blundell is a better batsman (and I'm a big Blundell fan).

SeamUp

International Coach
Strong batting for SA but pretty dodgy bowling. Dane Patterson could be handful been very good for awhile. But nothing exciting.
Some good county seasons behind Paterson is a positive. Olivier a fraction of what he was but he can get the ball to talk when not banging it in.

Moreki used in short bursts you would think and de Swardt/Brand to try hold an end.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some good county seasons behind Paterson is a positive. Olivier a fraction of what he was but he can get the ball to talk when not banging it in.

Moreki used in short bursts you would think and de Swardt/Brand to try hold an end.
If you took the top 6 and replaced Moore with Markram I don't think you get a much better in SA. De Zorzi could also come in but 7 down is just a completely different set of players.

SeamUp

International Coach
If you took the top 6 and replaced Moore with Markram I don't think you get a much better in SA. De Zorzi could also come in but 7 down is just a completely different set of players.
I think you ask 10 guys and their top 6/7 would all be different. Think it just shows you how open the fight is for test batting spots.

What I will say is, no South African has scored more FC runs or 100s than Rickelton in the last 3 years. He feels the only truly dominant FC player at the moment we have.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Literally as I hit post did he get trapped lbw.

So what happened the last time a debutant took a wicket with their first ball in test cricket recently?
I think he faded into oblivion. Didn't he?

*checks Windies v Aus scorecard*