• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

shortpitched713

International Captain
Yeah Idk personally I think of it the same as say the Danny Mastertom thing (obviously there are degrees yeah). When he is released I hope he’s able to return to acting, and people will be able to hire him if they really want to - to their detriment re: publicity/money ofc.

I guess I’m just able to seperate the accomplishments of a person - whether in sports, film, or otherwise - from the actual person and their actions and just look at their contribution to their field. I can understand the other point of view.

I would sincerely hope if the Dutch do win beach volleyball he won’t be making commercials or featuring on cereal boxes.
The Dutch child rapist pedophile got 1 year out of an already extremely lenient 4 year sentence, doesn't show remorse, even playing the victim in some interviews.

It just rustles my jimmies that anyone thinks he should be representing their country. And not a pariah state like a Syria or something, which you might expect, but one of the richest, most connected countries in the world, in the Netherlands.

I wish I could be there to protest this. No chance at national Olympic glory for one's country should overshadow how horrifying of a message this monster's participation sends to victims of child ***ual violence.

Ali TT

International Regular
Why have the maga fwits gone nuts over the opening ceremony?

Something about the last supper
Cause it was a very queer representation of it. I see iconic American ball kicker Harrison "I look like the guy from Handmaid's Tale, and that's a good thing" Butker has weighed in.

Watching more of the bits I missed with my son this morning and revising my cynicism. Fair dues to the lady who belted out La Marseillaise stood on a roof in the rain while holding a giant Tricolore. Hero of the games already for me.

weeman27bob

International Vice-Captain
Good start for Team GB in the hockey.

Soaked up the pressure from Spain at the start of the game and now up two goals to the good.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just caught up on the opening ceremony. Thought it was pretty good tbf, apart from **** sound quality during Gojira. It was a refreshing change to have something different from the usual formulaic routine inside the stadium.

weeman27bob

Australians absolutely capitulate on the last dive of the women's 3m synchro diving to throw away a medal and secure Team GB our first medal of the games

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Swimming is one of those sports I really enjoy watching in the Olympics then forget about for 4 years.
It's always the sport I watch the most of through the first few days of every Olympics - I guess because they start competing for medals so quickly.

weeman27bob

It's always the sport I watch the most of through the first few days of every Olympics - I guess because they start competing for medals so quickly.
Yeah, they always try and split it out so there's not any overlap between swimming and athletics as they're the typically the big viewer ones.

Coronis

International Coach
Swimming is one of those sports I really enjoy watching in the Olympics then forget about for 4 years.
Kinda the same with Athletics. Though swimming is more enjoyable because more Australians can compete for medals.