• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official 2024 Olympics Thread***

Howe_zat

Audio File
"Canada women's manager Beverly Priestman will not take charge of her side's Olympics opener against New Zealand after two members of her backroom staff were sent home for allegedly flying a drone over the Kiwis' team training session."

In case, like me, you were wondering what the "incident" was.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You don’t have to take notice

why you do this is beyond me. So please refrain from unnecessary insult

or maybe try to contribute to the thread ?

it’s the Olympic Games tournament and this is an Olympic Games thread

thanks
It's hard to contribute to a thread when you're spamming the **** out of it.

Molehill

International Captain
No **** cares for minute by minute updates of a group game in an U23 tournament.
I put him on ignore, it's the incessant posting which offers nothing of interest. Jeez, just unhid his posts and it's shocking. Is he going to do this incessantly for the next 2 weeks?

Anyway, meanwhile the French 7's team is struggling to beat the USA (and it's just ended in a draw). A reminder that Dupont gave up the 6 Nations to go for gold in this tournament. It's not looking a very wise play at this point, there's surely much better teams in this than the Yanks.

CartyDurham

International Captain
Ive deleted all my posts on this thread mentioning goals and scores

I don’t want to spam and won’t be posting again

over to furball and molehill

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Really looking forward to the track and road events.

The shoe technology available now should hopefully mean a few records go, particularly in the middle and long distance events.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, meanwhile the French 7's team is struggling to beat the USA (and it's just ended in a draw). A reminder that Dupont gave up the 6 Nations to go for gold in this tournament. It's not looking a very wise play at this point, there's surely much better teams in this than the Yanks.
The USA are much better at 7s than 15s. Have some genuine pace.

NZ are in a group with Ireland and the Saffers. I think only 2 will go through and all 3 have good 7s teams. Fiji and Argentina will be very good.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I put him on ignore, it's the incessant posting which offers nothing of interest. Jeez, just unhid his posts and it's shocking. Is he going to do this incessantly for the next 2 weeks?

I enjoy reading most of your posts in other threads however, your turning the conversation on every discussion on golf back to liv is in fairness just as annoying as what you get annoyed about Durham for.
Imo.

Flem274*

123/5
Competitive dressage riders are CTE riddled control freaks. They don't have concussion checks, they have their parents telling them to get back on or they're selling the horse.

Source - I had to interact with a former Olympian daily around 2015-16. She had been in a coma during her teens. It's not good for you.

Chubb

International Regular
I do wonder if she’s just the one who’s been caught. Was it the last olympics with the modern pentathlete who punched her horse?
Yeah that German athlete, think she was winning up until then as well. Horse people are already 70% insane, can't imagine what the Olympic-tier ones are like.
Annika Schleu.

As I said in the other thread, ever since I first saw the pentathlon, maybe Athens or Beijing, how they treat the horses disgusted me. You don't have to be a horse lover to see how cruel the pentathletes are if they horse they draw is a "dud".

Some argue it's unfair on the athletes to work so hard and then lose out basically in a lottery. This ignores that they knew the rules of pentathlon when they got into the sport. The entire point of the equestrian round is to ride an unfamiliar horse.

At least the horses are being replaced. Outside of a handful of people, nobody would shed any tears if the whole event was dropped.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My wife is a horse person

Grew up on a farm, competed when she was young, goes on riding trips regularly and she still has a couple

Treats them like babies and I can never imagine her trying to cause them pain