• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 2004 Natwest Series (Eng, NZL, WI)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mingster said:
Bravo on the whole didn't have a great record at the end of the round-robin.

So most wickets doesn't count for anything then?

You say we can't not pick Gayle when he had 1 good innings and the rest poor, yet ignore Bravo who had 1 bad game, and the rest good.

nibbs

International Captain
If all goes to plan I'll be at the game tomorrow. Ooooh *spooge* I can't wait. It should be awesome. I'll bring my NZ flag along with me and I'll cheer and do awesome things as NZ deservedly win the Natwest Series!!!

lol, England aren't playing in the final. How amusing...

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Actually Gayle had two good innings.The century and he made some runs in the WI second ODI against England where Sarwan ran him out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
roseboy64 said:
Actually Gayle had two good innings.The century and he made some runs in the WI second ODI against England where Sarwan ran him out.
If Sarwan ran him out, how did he manage to end unbeaten on 60. :p Alas Gayle batted through in that game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nibblet said:
lol, England aren't playing in the final. How amusing...

lol, England whitewashed a team that one Black Cap veteran called "the best he'd played in"

How amusing...

Mr Mxyzptlk

roseboy64 said:
That's what i'm talking about.
Sorry. I just assumed that the two good innings would be the two innings he passed 50 unbeaten, rather than one of them being 23.

Last edited:

Mingster

State Regular
marc71178 said:
So most wickets doesn't count for anything then?

You say we can't not pick Gayle when he had 1 good innings and the rest poor, yet ignore Bravo who had 1 bad game, and the rest good.
Actually no I didn't, you said that. 8-)

I said, look at the overall record, and it says Gayle was one of the better batsman in the series.

I guess Dwayne Bravo does deserve a place in the team ahead of Bradshaw, but his performance against England in the latest game was very disappointing.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mingster said:
Actually no I didn't, you said that. 8-)

A selection from you:

Mingster said:
But why Bravo when Bradshaw has performed in every game? Unlike Bravo who went for 0 for 80?
Mingster said:
I said you can't not include Gayle in the side, because apart from his 132* his average was pretty crap.
So what are you trying to say then?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Mingster said:
I said you can't not include Gayle in the side, because apart from his 132* his average was pretty crap.
Without the 132*, Gayle still scored 140 runs in 4 innings with 1 not out - an average of 46.66.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I am extremely impressed with Lara being the one to call Astle back. You don't get much better than Lara when it comes to sportsmanship. *applause*

Mingster

State Regular
Lara didn't need to call him back. They went to the 3rd Umpire anyway.

Bad piece of sportsmanship from Ricardo Powell though.