• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI World Cup 2023 Fantasy Draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Team owners, while the auction will start on September 1st, laying out the rules of the auction now so that any clarifications can be addressed.

1. Each owner starts with $1 million
2. Country squad of 15-18 will be put up for auction in each round one by one. You can pick 0-12 players from the squad not exceeding the purse you have
3. Your bid for that round will be rejected if total amount of your bids exceed the money that you have on hand
4. Highest bidder for a player gets the player. If two or more had done equal highest bids, then no one gets the player and the player goes to the unpicked players pool
5. After all squads have been auctioned, the unpicked players pool will be auctioned in 1-3 rounds depending on the number of players in the pool
6. There will be a release round on September 28 where you can release players who have not been picked in the final country squad of 15
7. A final round of auction on Sep 30 will be done to bid and pick up the remaining players in the pool
8. You cannot bid anymore once your quota of 12 has been filled up even if you have money on hand. This is to ensure that all 12 owners get 12 players out of the possible 150 players
9. You will have a maximum of 24 hours to bid players in each round after I post the players for bidding
10. You cannot bid in decimals

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Hi team owners, after a bit of thought, I have decided to reduce the purse from $1 million to $1000 for each team owner so that the maths will be easier for everyone and the auction will also be more interesting.

That is the only change from above rules. Still no bidding in decimals allowed.

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Team owners, while the auction will start on September 1st, laying out the rules of the auction now so that any clarifications can be addressed.

1. Each owner starts with $1 million
2. Country squad of 15-18 will be put up for auction in each round one by one. You can pick 0-12 players from the squad not exceeding the purse you have
3. Your bid for that round will be rejected if total amount of your bids exceed the money that you have on hand
4. Highest bidder for a player gets the player. If two or more had done equal highest bids, then no one gets the player and the player goes to the unpicked players pool
5. After all squads have been auctioned, the unpicked players pool will be auctioned in 1-3 rounds depending on the number of players in the pool
6. There will be a release round on September 28 where you can release players who have not been picked in the final country squad of 15
7. A final round of auction on Sep 30 will be done to bid and pick up the remaining players in the pool
8. You cannot bid anymore once your quota of 12 has been filled up even if you have money on hand. This is to ensure that all 12 owners get 12 players out of the possible 150 players
9. You will have a maximum of 24 hours to bid players in each round after I post the players for bidding
10. You cannot bid in decimals
What happens if you have spent your purse on less than 12 players

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What happens if you have spent your purse on less than 12 players
There are a total of 150 possible players out of which you will be taking 144. If your purse is exhausted, you will have to wait for the final round post Sep 28 to pick up players left out by everyone else. Mind, there will be players with some money left too for that final round. So, you will be getting only those not bid by them in that final round.

So, ideally one should not spend the full purse on less than 12 players. Keep at least one dollar per player if you see it is getting exhausted.

If this rare scenario occurs, if there are 2 or more players who have fully exhausted their purse, we will do draft picks post final round starting with those who exhausted their purse the last.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Do we need to keep 'money' for the sep 28 drops/pick-ups phase?
Yes. You will need to keep money till you fill 12 players. If 12 players are filled and you are releasing a player not selected in final squad in the Sep 28 phase, you will get the bid money of that player also released in that process. So, you can bid with that money.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Have you been tracking which squads have been named so far?
Yes. Only England and Australia have announced so far. Hopefully all other boards too announce by this week.

I am updating the squads in the excel too.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
It has been a not so good week for me with a series of unfortunate events irl. But hopefully, running this draft can help divert it.

Team owners, we will kick off the auction tomorrow. Buckle up and be ready with your strategies. Some franchises have made partnerships and so, coming up strongly.

While you will pay your players in 1000s of what you bid, we have simplified the purse to $1000 for auction purposes. Remember, there is no loan. You can always only bid with what you have on hand.

Looking forward to starting this tomorrow and receiving all of your bids. Do glance through the rules above when you have time.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
What time is the draft tomorrow
It is more of an auction this time than a draft.

I will post the list of players for the first round at around 10 AM JST (Japan time) tomorrow. You will have 24 hours from the time of my post to respond with your bids to me by PM.