• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Flem274*

123/5
30 odd first class wickets in his last 5 games, two of which were against Australia A. He’ll be there doing the Wagner roll
Needs a bit more than a 5 game streak at 30+ years old to show its a genuine improvement more than a purple patch, though I admit I haven't seen him bowl in that period.

He's got talent for sure but I think there are more likely horses to back and it was a weird call for this version of NZC who are pretty risk averse.

Athlai

Not Terrible
ND well ahead but Wellington not out after that breakthrough

Otago vs Stags looks like a Stags win or draw

Canterbury should win in a canter

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Robinson looks alrig' as a fill in seamer. Not great signs to rely on that though. Would be interesting to see a few more deliveries as I see there's a number of no-balls between the wickets.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember that game like it was yesterday. https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...d-vs-northern-districts-305053/full-scorecard

There was a bit of hype around about Kane, this 17-year-old kid on debut who'd been burning it up in the age groups. But he ran into an angry Andre Adams at the worst time

In ND's second innings, at the end of day 2, it was incredibly dark. Andre got Brad Wilson lbw, and Kane came to the crease on debut. He was all at sea, couldn't lay a bat on it, and Andre got him lbw (think this was the season Andre averaged <10). Then Bruce Martin walked out as nightwatchman ahead of James Marshall who was the captain and batted 4. Then Watling got out, Marshall came out, and Andre gave him the greatest spray I've ever seen on a cricket field. Like I'm sitting up in the EPOO main stand on the #2 and I could hear it word for word. 'You weak c*nt, sending a f*cking kid to do your job for you, you're weak as p*ss' etc. And Marshall was not out at the close, and it continued all the way out to the boundary. It was the most incredibly sustained sledging effort I've ever seen.

Nuts game, was over early on day 3. 18-year-old Tim Southee took a six-for, Auckland were 85-8 until Reece Young and Greg Morgan on debut put on 150, and they won by an innings scoring 286.