• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

Howsie

International Captain
It's a rite of passage for the journeyman who CW decides to hate at the start of the season, to start performing.

I think the big improvement has been his bowling. From what I've seen he's pretty sharp, accurate, threatening. Makes most ND sides as a bowler alone. And he's obviously shown how handy he is as a hitter this Ford Trophy. It's a fairly stunning step up for a 32-year-old pace-bowling all-rounder to make.
It’s funny you say that because his numbers with the bat in List A cricket, 74 games averages 33 with the bat striking at 108, they’re better numbers then a lot of guys who have or are playing for New Zealand right now.

Not a bad career for a guy who didn’t start playing cricket till he was 16 after being convinced by Kane Williamson at school to give it a go

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Anybody know much about Auckland’s Cullen-Hieatt? He’s having some tournament with 11 wickets @ an ave of 8.18, strike rate of 13.6 and economy rate of 3.6
In my previous reply. My description was totally wrong. Mixed him up with the other opening bowler Sixton.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Otago continuing their excellent week getting up against Wellington even without many from Bogue. Big hundred from Zac Cumming.

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
A 4th century the week by James Nelson and now Cullen-Hieatt has sent Wellingtons top order packing with 3/12 off 3

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Back in their press release back in winter when they named the team for the qualifying tournament, the nzc press release mentioned that they selected from high quality u17 tournament last year. I'd agree that this age group cycle is of a good quality this time.

Ghost75

Anyone know when the team for the U19 WC is named? Wonder how many changes there might be from the team that played in the qualifiers. Could be along the lines of
H.Christie, L.Watson, J.Nelson, R.Foulkes, L.Stackpole, O.Jackson, J.Olliver, A.Thompson, C.Paul, Z.Cumming, R.Tsourgas, E.Schreuder, G.Gunn, M.Clarke & R.Hekmat

thierry henry

International Coach
I played against him there too. Was calling himself Mr 137 as it was time he won the secondary school fast bowling comp. From memory Ferguson came second.
Haha yep I played him back then too. I remember he could bowl really quick with seemingly minimal effort but funny thing is I don’t remember him batting at all.

jcas0167

International Debutant
A shame McKenzie isn't playing although good for Akl to have Chapman and Neesham available. Apparently Neesham's first game for Auckland since 2010/11 before he headed to Otago then Wellington.

Update: and he has celebrated his return by absolutely smoking the Wellington bowling.

Last edited:

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
Nice to see Neesham calling in between his franchise gigs. It was nice seeing him take off. It'd be nice having him in the first couple of rounds of Super Smash before he heads off to SA20.

Ghost75

Looks like performances in the U19 tournament didn’t carry much weight in selection of the WC team. Only two of the top 10 run scorers made the team and top wicket taker no where to be seen. 1702502502606.png