• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
These two 'milestones' are reached by everyone but I am the first test crcketer to achieve both !
Who am I and what are these two 'milestones' ??

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
These two 'milestones' are reached by everyone but I am the first test crcketer to achieve both !
Who am I and what are these two 'milestones' ??
By the sound of that q I'd guess the answer is the first Test cricketer to die, but I'm too lazy to find out who it is. :p Am I on the right track (the two 'milestones' being birth and death)?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
By the sound of that q I'd guess the answer is the first Test cricketer to die, but I'm too lazy to find out who it is. :p Am I on the right track (the two 'milestones' being birth and death)?
Right on all counts :D

James Southerton the first test cricketer to be born on 16th Nov 1827 nearly 50 years before the first ever test match) and the first to die on 16th June 1880 (just 4 years and 3 months after the first test.

Your turn.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Right on all counts :D

James Southerton the first test cricketer to be born on 16th Nov 1827 nearly 50 years before the first ever test match) and the first to die on 16th June 1880 (just 4 years and 3 months after the first test.

Your turn.
Thanks for providing the name of the player for me. :p

This should be an easy question:

Warren Bardsley holds what unusual record?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Thanks for providing the name of the player for me. :p

This should be an easy question:

Warren Bardsley holds what unusual record?
He was the first batsman ever to score two separate hundreds in a test match. He did so in the beginning of the last century on an Australian tour of England.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, I'm sure you're correct, not the one I was thinking of though. :) Probably should've been a bit more specific with the question.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He was a member(scored a double century in fact) of the NSW team that scored the highest ever second innings score of 770 against South Africa. He was also, I think, a member of the NSW team that conceded the world record score of 1007 runs !! to Victoria a few years later !!!

Is that it ?

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
He was a member(scored a double century in fact) of the NSW team that scored the highest ever second innings score of 770 against South Africa. He was also, I think, a member of the NSW team that conceded the world record score of 1007 runs !! to Victoria a few years later !!!

Is that it ?
No, sorry, I definitely should have been more specific. :) Interesting stat though.

I'll give you a clue to guide you in the right direction - it's to do with Test centuries.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
No, sorry, I definitely should have been more specific. :) Interesting stat though.

I'll give you a clue to guide you in the right direction - it's to do with Test centuries.
Highest number of first class centuries by an Australian left hander.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
First batsman ever to score three centuries in consecutive test innings in 1909. The record was equalled by Sutcliffe in 1924 and then others and broken by Fingleton in 1936 when he scored four in a row.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
First batsman ever to score three centuries in consecutive test innings in 1909. The record was equalled by Sutcliffe in 1924 and then others and broken by Fingleton in 1936 when he scored four in a row.
SJS, you know too much. :p That's not the one I was after though! I will tell you the one I was thinking of if you like, unless you want to guess again. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
SJS, you know too much. :p That's not the one I was after though! I will tell you the one I was thinking of if you like, unless you want to guess again. :)
Let me go back to utilising the format as it was meant to :D

Was it a record he would be happy about ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
When he scored 193 at Lords on his 3rd tour of England, it was the highest test score till then at Lords.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
Let me go back to utilising the format as it was meant to :D

Was it a record he would be happy about ?
Hard to say. Normally he might be, but in the circumstances, I would say that he wouldn't be too unhappy about it. :)

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
When he scored 193 at Lords on his 3rd tour of England, it was the highest test score till then at Lords.
That's not the record I'm thinking of, but it is related to that innings.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Hard to say. Normally he might be, but in the circumstances, I would say that he wouldn't be too unhappy about it. :)
Has it to do with one of his centuries in England ?