• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
archie mac said:
did not know you could not shorten Pakistan?
No, you said January but it was actually February :p. I'm actually having trouble finding out how many matches it was between that game and his proper debut

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
No, you said January but it was actually February :p. I'm actually having trouble finding out how many matches it was between that game and his proper debut
Well that is what his book said :huh:

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
Well, I am assuming you are correct about the fact it was at the SCG
'Because in January 1990, I found myself selected in the Test squad for the Sydney match against Pakistan'.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm never going to get this so I'll keep the thread going.

QUESTION: I was a great bowler but I was the first to ever achieve this batting feat. Who am I and what is my batting achievement ?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
QUESTION: I was a great bowler but I was the first to ever achieve this batting feat. Who am I and what is my batting achievement ?

Q1 - Were you a spinner? No

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
'Because in January 1990, I found myself selected in the Test squad for the Sydney match against Pakistan'.
The test at Sydney, the last in a three test series, was played between 3rd and 8th Feb. 1990. Lehmann's above comment could still be right as the selection of the team would have been made and announced in January and this is what he is refering to.

Between the Sydney test against Pakistan and his debut at Chinnaswamy Stadium in March 1998 (in the last test of the three test series in India ) he missed 84 tests played by Australia in 23 test seires !!

Amazing stat. Since I am not a great admirer of Lehmann as a batsman or bowler, I am not surprised though. :p

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
The test at Sydney, the last in a three test series, was played between 3rd and 8th Feb. 1990. Lehmann's above comment could still be right as the selection of the team would have been made and announced in January and this is what he is refering to.

Between the Sydney test against Pakistan and his debut at Chinnaswamy Stadium in March 1998 (in the last test of the three test series in India ) he missed 84 tests played by Australia in 23 test seires !!
Thanks for that SJS :)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q2 - Are you Bill Johnston? No
Q3 - Is it an achievement to be proud of? Yes
Q4 - Is it pre-WWI ? Yes

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:

Q4 - Is it pre-WWI ? Yes
Did you play for England?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q4 - Is it pre-WWI ? Yes
Q5 - Did you play for England? No

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year

Q4 - Is it pre-WWI ? Yes
Q5 - Did you play for England? No
Q6 - Did you play for Australia? Yes