• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
To expand on it, they are the only batsmen to have scored a total of 50 or more without scoring a boundary. Lawry holds the record with 84 against England at brisbane in the 1970-71 season

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
That's it.

Your turn birthday boy

Thanks Burkey and BB for just about giving me the answer.

Okay an easy one

Why dosen't Darren Lehmann make this list?

Brad Hogg, Bobby Simpson, Martyn, Elliott and Rixon

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, those are the top five in the list for most Tests missed between Test appearances for Australian cricketers.

Lehmann isn't on there because they had a longer period of time between Tests I suppose

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
Well, those are the top five in the list for most Tests missed between Test appearances for Australian cricketers.

Lehmann isn't on there because they had a longer period of time between Tests I suppose
You are right with the list, but not for the reason Lehmann is not on it.

Something to do with his first Test experience.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
Have you been here before SJS?
To Australia ? Yes, once.

On a week's vacation to a small place called Mallacoota. On the way back I spent a couple of days in Sydney and had a great evening and dinner on a restaurant on the waterfront at the harbour (I think it was the harbour) This was before the Sydney olympics and the city was undergoing heavy construction.

I also visited the holy site at Bowral :)

archie mac

International Coach
SJS said:
To Australia ? Yes, once.

On a week's vacation to a small place called Mallacoota. On the way back I spent a couple of days in Sydney and had a great evening and dinner on a restaurant on the waterfront at the harbour (I think it was the harbour) This was before the Sydney olympics and the city was undergoing heavy construction.

I also visited the holy site at Bowral :)
It is quite nice in that part of Victoria, Bowral is only about 90 mins from Canberra, so I have been their quite a bit over the years. I was surprised where the Bradman faamily house is located, so close to town.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Something to do his performance on debut ? I see he took 1/27 and got 52 but I don't think I'm on the right track.

Is the fact those guys missed so many Tests actually relevant?

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
Something to do his performance on debut ? I see he took 1/27 and got 52 but I don't think I'm on the right track.

Is the fact those guys missed so many Tests actually relevant?
Not his first Test, his first Test experience as a member of the team. (giving it away)

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
I assume you mean 12th man
Yes, I wanted to know how many Tests between his selection as 12 man and his Test debut.

A little confusing?

Your turn Burkey if you can tell me the amout of Tests he missed?

Or if you can't be bothered your turn anyway :D

archie mac

International Coach
burkey_1988 said:
I'll have a go, Sean ;). I'll have to have a good search though :)
I am writing a book review on 'Worth The Wait' and this information will help me, I will mention your name if you do locate the answer :)

And from now on Mr Mac to you Burkey :@ :D

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Feb 1990 v Pakistan at Sydney I think you mean. Just got to count how many matches he missed now :p