• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Never to be broken records.

Swervy

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
So u know those guys?
well that year i played against Amarmilan, and i used to work with one of the Amarmilan players (who didnt play that year...although his name is also patel :D )(I scored 29 out of a team score of 80/9 that game, we (Cambing CC won by one wicket) I am playing against Yorkshire LPS soon I think, I will update you on how many Patels are in that team when it happens

Oh and it isnt a Sunday league as the article says...we play on Saturdays :D

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Eclipse said:
Just think how many time's it has been done in domestic OD cricket now if players like Ally Brown can do it against Glamorgan?? then somone like Gilchrist could do it against Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, etc..

Actually I wouldn't be so sure he would. Certainly using the Brown argument is a flawed example - the boundaries on that pitch were on the surreal side of bizarre (even Robert Croft got a big one)

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
no record is un breakable. if the record could be broken once, it can be done again.

talking of cricket 2002, one match read -

ind - 8 all out
sl - 6 all out

in real-life cricket, after making 8 all out, the team batting second would take just 1 over to beat it:(

ash chaulk

International Captain
Most alleged alligations against a player - Shane Warne

sorry i cant spell and it looks like its spelt wrong

Sehwag309

Banned
Waughney said:
I'm sure this would have happened before in a place like punjab, with all the players having the name Singh (yes I know its not the "real" name but the religious one, still all the same name though)
Could be

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bhooth nath said:
no record is un breakable. if the record could be broken once, it can be done again.

talking of cricket 2002, one match read -

ind - 8 all out
sl - 6 all out

in real-life cricket, after making 8 all out, the team batting second would take just 1 over to beat it:(
304 wickets in a County Season was done under totally different conditions, when far, far more games were played.

Team A - 1 all out and Team B - 0 all out has been done several times in minor cricket.

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
Neil Pickup said:
304 wickets in a County Season was done under totally different conditions, when far, far more games were played.

Team A - 1 all out and Team B - 0 all out has been done several times in minor cricket.
in one minor cricket match out here, both the teams were all out for 0 and the match was tied.

shankar

International Debutant
bhooth nath said:
in one minor cricket match out here, both the teams were all out for 0 and the match was tied.
I remember that. I think only 1 team got out for 0 . I think the other team chased it.

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
shankar said:
I remember that. I think only 1 team got out for 0 . I think the other team chased it.
shankar, you are talking of some other match. this match which i said happened 1 year ago out here.

however, once our team was able to defend 15 getting the opposition out for 11.

shankar

International Debutant
bhooth nath said:
shankar, you are talking of some other match. this match which i said happened 1 year ago out here.

however, once our team was able to defend 15 getting the opposition out for 11.
Oh ok :happy:. this match happened abt. 4-5 years ago I think the team was Bournvita academy or something like that. It came in the papers.

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
shankar said:
Oh ok :happy:. this match happened abt. 4-5 years ago I think the team was Bournvita academy or something like that. It came in the papers.
i know that match. the 2 bowlers were sent out to open and one of them hit a 4 to give his team the win.

in that match which i am talking, the same thing was tried, but against a energized bowler, the team crumbled and that bowler took 9/0 off 2 overs :-O to get the other team out for 0 as well. this match happened a year ago and came in the news out here, but that happened in a u-16 minor league match than the match you talked about.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
How about Lara's 501* in 1994. I think that would take some breaking as well as his 7 centuries in 8 consecutive FC innings and his 641 runs in 2 consecutive FC innings. Tendulkar's 495 not out Test runs will also take some beating although technically Lara with 400* can probably get it. Sachin's total ODI centuries, whenever he is finished will also be hard to get.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Not necessarily – Rafique could possibly get anyone out at any time. He may smash everyone else, but get out to him.