• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most overrated cricketer

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got to be Marcus Harris. He just keeps getting picked even though he's never done a thing at test level aside form be a walking wicket/ joke. He's in the squad for the WI tests again as the only reserve batsman. It's absurd.

Burgey

It's a home series so why not have one reserve opener and another middle order player? He's the sole reserve batsman.

Zero imagination in the bowling selections either. Same for the Pommy ODI selections. Cod ordinary.

TheJediBrah

It's a 13 man squad though. What's wrong with the bowling selections? Starc should have been dropped for Jhye I guess

Burgey

Yeah but it doesn't need to be limited to a 13 man squad is what I'm saying. I know you can call up blokes easily enough if there's an injury but I'm done with the same tired names always on the periphery of the team. Richardson should be there as you said, Hunt as well and a middle order player as cover too. Let them get exposure to the national squad instead of recalling proven failures like Harris.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I think a 13 man squad makes sense. The problem isn't the number, it's the fact that Harris is in it.

TheJediBrah

It's weird isn't it. Langer's gone but his little brother is still getting in the squad

I'm a bit surprised Renshaw wasn't picked

Hunt and Street (lol) unfortunately haven't knocked the door down enough to demand selection

ashley bach

Cricketer Of The Year
If Marcus Harris continues to play test cricket, then the Australian opening batting spot is in terrible stocks at the moment.
Can anyone come up with a name of an Aussie player who was given as many chances, while continuing to maintain that poultry average?
Possibly the biggest problem for Australia, is if he was to have a reasonable home series, it may fool the selectors into playing him some more, and
possibly in something important like the Ashes.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly, Harris aside, I think the squad is pretty good. Would have probably rather have seen Jhye as the reserve quick but Boland kinda had to be picked considering last summer. Honestly fair enough too even though his insanely good start to his test career is not something that can be sustained, he can certainly be relied upon to do a solid reliable job

You don't pick a Test squad on "imagination" you pick the squad you think will be the best chance of victory

Burgey

Yeah but I’m saying it shouldn’t be limited to 13 or whatever. No reason they both shouldn’t be there, just as there should be a reserve opener and a reserve middle order player

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With this argument, thought I may as well make the series thread:

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
Gavaskar barely faced the prime WI pace attack at it’s peak though, his best series against them were in the absence of them…

McGrath overrated.. Warne and Murali aren’t real bowl… alright that’s enough internet for today
Mcgrath is overrated. At least in CW.

Pap Finn Keighl

International Debutant
CW's most overrated cricketer

Mcgrath vs Imran vs Pollock vs Ambrose

Most underrated

Akram vs Lillee vs Kapil vs Donald vs Gavaskar