• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most exciting batsmen

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
Hmm, hardly call that exciting; intreguing, maybe - only ever seen two stumps knocked out of the ground on one other occasion.
I dont see how someone who has obviously no cricketing brain can be found exciting. However gifted you are, if your nut is ful of air you will be appreciated only by a certain kind of fan.

tooextracool

International Coach
Richard said:
I didn't watch that but I did watch his 75* off 40 balls, in a much better-shaped stadium so possibly making-up those few runs difference.
Astonishing innings.
One of the best things about Razzaq is his willingness to just keep hitting the same shot time and again if it's working. So many players find it totally impossible to play the same shot even three balls in a row; plenty have even admitted to it, though it totally baffles logic.
In this particular innings, virtually every shot went in the arc between the bowler and straightish mid-wicket; though most went in the air, none even looked like being caught.
the reason why i rate that 89 off 40 so highly was because of the situation. not only was it a run chase but when he came into bat the equation to win the game looked quite impossible- 140 odd runs from the 13 overs.
when he got out they needed 14 off 12, there isnt much doubt that they would have won the game had he batted till the end.

Dydl

International Debutant
It is funny. One batsman can take his team so close to winning when it seemed impossible. But when that batsman gets out (if got out) the team crumble. Like with India, if the good batsmen get out cheaply they usually crumble. Some teams are relying on one person to win the match for them. Australia have support throughout the innings. If Ponting was out, the match isn't lost. India need to stop depending on the same people, the strong batsmen.

Majin

International Debutant
I prefer watching bowlers kicking the crap out of batsmen to be honest, Harmison's 7-12 was awesome. I dunno why, I've just always prefered watching the wickets tumble, especially when it's in a tight situation in a test, like when Ajit Agarkar got the 6-40odd against the Aussies to set up india to win the test.

Although watching the tailenders go on the spank is always fun, Balaji spanking Shoaib sticks out in my mind, and when Merv Dillon hit some south african dude right out of the ground, it was ace as ****. But my favourite innings still (and really the innings that got me into cricket, 'cause before I saw it I never liked cricket) was Mark Butcher's 173 not out against the aussies. That was class.

Dydl

International Debutant
Watching bowlers get wickets is highly amusing when it is not against your team. More seems to happen in bowling. Batting gets a bit boring especially in tests with a defensive batsman at the crease in Australia vs India or something. Batting is different in ODIs, the defensive batsmen are under pressure to score quickly, making them lose their wickets, and making the match become exciting sometimes.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
abdul razzaq's 89 off 40 despite being in a losing cause against NZ was one of the finest piece of hitting ive seen.
I agree,that was really jaw dropping.He seemed to be hitting sixes at will and just when you thought it was going to stop,he hit another one.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Richard said:
Hmm, hardly call that exciting; intreguing, maybe - only ever seen two stumps knocked out of the ground on one other occasion.
Steve waugh cleaned up two of gordon greenidges stumps in their 90/91 tour of the windies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SJS said:
I dont see how someone who has obviously no cricketing brain can be found exciting. However gifted you are, if your nut is ful of air you will be appreciated only by a certain kind of fan.
Just because you get bowled comprehensively whilst attacking in an ODI does not mean you have no cricketing brain.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Just because you get bowled comprehensively whilst attacking in an ODI does not mean you have no cricketing brain.
No. I did not mean that. I am refering to his going hammer and tongs even if there is afielder kept , pointedly, in the same direction just a few balls before. He seems to be playing with an urge to prove he can hit anything and anyone anywhere. You need just a wee bit of grey matter to realise that this is not possible .

twctopcat

International Regular
Definitely love seeing the "blink and you've missed it" bowling performances. I left to play a game of football and when i got back Harmy had taken 7-12. Personally more satisfying that Lara's 400*, and not because it was Harmy.