• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lowlights of the Games

Molehill

International Captain
Certain sports didn't go as well as others.

Boxing managed to create it's own gender identity argument which overshadowed the Games. And that was before you even got into the highly questionable judging.

Sailing struggled with wind conditions, but the different set ups for how medals are distributed makes it a tough follow too.

Sports that are dominated by one nation are not ideal (Diving, Wrestling, Table Tennis, Archery etc etc), but that's not a reason to kick them out. Just not sure what the solution is other than to hope others get better.....

Breaking will surely not be seen again.

Molehill

International Captain
UK free to air viewing being restricted to just the two BBC streams. There was stuff I'd have liked to watch that never made their coverage.
Had French relatives staying this weekend, they had exactly the same issue. They're into their climbing and never saw any of it till I showed them some on Discovery here. And that's where the issue is, Discovery bought the rights and only allow 2 live streams for each nation's lead broadcaster it seems.

reyrey

U19 Vice-Captain
The triathlon was sh*tshow. They had to swim in the filthy river, wet cobble stones causing multiple crashes in the cycling leg. The athletes should sue the organizers.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i think Breaking already being one and done is no good, similar to karate in 2020. I think if the IOC is going introduce a sport it should at least get three Olympics

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Actually that horrible fall in the steeplechase was probably the worst moment. I'm still squirming remembering it now.

Ali TT

International Regular
Without wanting to get parochial, British athletes seemed to max up the unfortunate injuries and incidents, especially during the last week and rounded off by 3 crashes and an illness ruining medal chances on the final day.

Hard to look past the ugly reaction from the untouchable usual suspects, getting into bed with the toxic Russian boxing authorities, to Khelif as the worst moment in the games.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That palaver about the Canadian football drone thing at the start. And people getting sick from events in the Seine.

Ali TT

International Regular
Yeah, and the BBC coverage seemed to me to be dedicated to people talking about the events rather than actually showing the events themselves.
Increasingly found myself watching the Eurosport coverage as a result, although then you suffer the regular adverts and a mismatch between what was billed and what was being shown.

Son Of Coco

Australia not living up to it's superior athletic ability by medalling (gold, silver and bronze) in every event.

Except for horse punching where the British lottery fund investment, and their general attitude towards living beings, sees them streets ahead.

Son Of Coco

The triathlon was sh*tshow. They had to swim in the filthy river, wet cobble stones causing multiple crashes in the cycling leg. The athletes should sue the organizers.
Yeah, doing your event and ending up with gastro due to the river wouldn't be my idea of fun.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lowlight for India was Phogat weighing in 100g over in the finals.

Lots of chokes resulting in 4th places as well.