• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

lara vs tendulkar

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lara vs Tendulkar = to tough to call.

They're unbelieveably talented in different ways and a comparison seems a bit specious. Tendulkar is the ultimate technician whereas Lara is the ultimate stylist.

If they were artists, Tendulkar would be able to give you a perfect redering of the most beautiful scene with every intricate detail exquisitely rendered whereas Lara would draw the scene, kick down the canvass, urinate on it and say he's making a point about human destruction of the environment.

Revelation

U19 Debutant
well that's a unique way of putting it. I still think though, that Lara, because of the pressures that he has faced is better than tendulkar. Look at the man's record as captain!

a massive zebra

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Does anyone that score kambli made with SRT in that 600 odd run partnership. FC or some league game
Vinod Kambli and Sachin Tendulkar were both partners in a world record, unbroken partnership of 664 runs for the third wicket playing for Shardashram School vs St Xavier's School, in the Harris Shield tournament, for Mumbai's schools. Kambli scored 349 not out while Sachin's contribution was 326 not out. It is still the highest partnership ever made in any form of cricket.

Sehwag309

Banned
Revelation said:
well that's a unique way of putting it. I still think though, that Lara, because of the pressures that he has faced is better than tendulkar. Look at the man's record as captain!

Well then Tendulkar has shown his talent as a bowler too

Some very important wickets at important stages

hawkeye

Cricket Spectator
Anyone thinks

that sometimes, it is a good thing to be the only match winner in the team. Cause that in someways throws the spotlight on you. For eg, Taibu scored a unbeaten 96 in the first ODI against SL. Now, if Zimbabwe were playing with their first team, Taibu would not have got the opportunity to showcase his batting talent.

Now, when the rebel players return (if they do), Taibu would be given more respect as a batsman.

So, what I feel is that, in a way, it is good to be the best batsman of a poor side. Though the downside is that you are going to end up on the losing side, the positives are that you would receive more attention than being in a team studded with star batsmen.

Sehwag309

Banned
hawkeye said:
that sometimes, it is a good thing to be the only match winner in the team. Cause that in someways throws the spotlight on you. For eg, Taibu scored a unbeaten 96 in the first ODI against SL. Now, if Zimbabwe were playing with their first team, Taibu would not have got the opportunity to showcase his batting talent.

Now, when the rebel players return (if they do), Taibu would be given more respect as a batsman.

So, what I feel is that, in a way, it is good to be the best batsman of a poor side. Though the downside is that you are going to end up on the losing side, the positives are that you would receive more attention than being in a team studded with star batsmen.
Something like a Hero you mean?

Tendulkar was for India
Others I feel:
Cairns for NZ
Botham was for Eng
Jayasurya for Lanka
WW for Pak
Lara for WI
Streak for Zim
Cronje was for SA

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lara is better in tests, simply because I believe that 200s are the ones that win matches in Tests, and Sachin hasn't converted enough of his 100s into 200s whereas Lara, who bats at the same no.4, atleast for the most part, has done that.... In ODIs, I prefer Sachin to Lara.....His record proves it....

Revelation

U19 Debutant
I am all in support of Lara, but i have to disagree with you there. Lara has 7 200s:

400*-Match Drawn
375-Match Drawn
277-Match Drawn
221-WI Lost
213-WI win
209-Match Drawn
202-WI lost

Pnly one of Lara's 200s has ended in a WI win, while his 2 in losses is a World Record. No one else has ever scored 2 200s in losses.

Lara's greatest ever innings, 153* in B'dos v Aus wasn't a 200, although i would think that Sachin's 241* vs Aus would be his greatest.

masterblaster

International Captain
Top_Cat said:
Lara vs Tendulkar = to tough to call.

They're unbelieveably talented in different ways and a comparison seems a bit specious. Tendulkar is the ultimate technician whereas Lara is the ultimate stylist.

If they were artists, Tendulkar would be able to give you a perfect redering of the most beautiful scene with every intricate detail exquisitely rendered whereas Lara would draw the scene, kick down the canvass, urinate on it and say he's making a point about human destruction of the environment.
That is simply a brilliant and unique way of putting things. Its something you've got dead right.

Well,

Except the thing about the urinating part.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Revelation said:
I am all in support of Lara, but i have to disagree with you there. Lara has 7 200s:

400*-Match Drawn
375-Match Drawn
277-Match Drawn
221-WI Lost
213-WI win
209-Match Drawn
202-WI lost

Pnly one of Lara's 200s has ended in a WI win, while his 2 in losses is a World Record. No one else has ever scored 2 200s in losses.

Lara's greatest ever innings, 153* in B'dos v Aus wasn't a 200, although i would think that Sachin's 241* vs Aus would be his greatest.

I see your point but I was talking more generally........If you look at the case of Rahul Dravid, most of his 200s have helped India win or atleast put India in a position to win........So, in test matches, I always think 200s are the ones that will win matches, not just 100s......I hope you get my point.

But as to why Lara's 200s didn't win matches for the Windies, that can only be put down to the fact that he hardly gets any support.....But as it is being proved by Rahul, if you get due support, 200s are generally match winning innings.......

Top_Cat

That is simply a brilliant and unique way of putting things. Its something you've got dead right.

Well,

Except the thing about the urinating part.
I dunno, Lara looks like a bit of a urinator. Hey, man, don't be coy; I personally urinate in a regular basis. DAILY even. It's the latest thing. The chicks love it.

I also masticate at least three times a day.

Neil Pickup

Top_Cat said:
I dunno, Lara looks like a bit of a urinator. Hey, man, don't be coy; I personally urinate in a regular basis. DAILY even. It's the latest thing. The chicks love it.

I also masticate at least three times a day.
Been there, done that.

Our Y10 Form Tutor used it on Pete, I believe.

Masticate = Chew. Dirty minded Aussies..

Top_Cat

Been there, done that.

Our Y10 Form Tutor used it on Pete, I believe.

Masticate = Chew. Dirty minded Aussies..
Anyone old enough to remember the TV show 'The Young Ones' would probably remember an episode where Rik was insulting a bloke called Neil for being a 'killjoy'; "Look out, killjoy was here!"

I don't know why but I was just thinking of that when I read your post, NEIL.

:D

Hey, look, the unwashed antipodeans amongst us have to get all the laughs we can get because we couldn't possibly hope to compete with superior British humour such as the genius displayed in the play where your avatar comes from. What hope have we? :cool:

Petty insult time; At least I did a REAL degree. :p

Neil Pickup

Top_Cat said:
Anyone old enough to remember the TV show 'The Young Ones' would probably remember an episode where Rik was insulting a bloke called Neil for being a 'killjoy'; "Look out, killjoy was here!"

I don't know why but I was just thinking of that when I read your post, NEIL.

:D

Hey, look, the unwashed antipodeans amongst us have to get all the laughs we can get because we couldn't possibly hope to compete with superior British humour such as the genius displayed in the play where your avatar comes from. What hope have we? :cool:

Petty insult time; At least I did a REAL degree. :p
Who needs a real degree when you can sit around on your **** for the amount of time I can? :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Top_Cat said:
I'm sure we've had that scenario in here! Except for killjoy, read ginger!

Revelation

U19 Debutant
Who is better to look at though? I know that they play on opposite sides of the wicket but who is easier on the eye? Who would you pay money to go and see over he other, if you knew that they were both going to score 100?

masterblaster

International Captain
Corey summed it up perfectly, Lara is the flashy, flamboyant dynamo, whilst Tendulkar is a pure artist when it comes to batting.

Im lucky to have seen so many good innings from the both of them.

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
thehellraiser said:
lara vs tendulkar:

what do u huys think.....
i think lara is the best batsmen in the world coz he has done so much and performed on tracks all over the world ....

coupled with the fact that he is playing in a very weak team where all the pressure is on him....while tendulkar has good batsmen around him....(i personally think of dravid as the best batsman in the indian team)......
Tendulkar