• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It seems like Bangladesh is winning their 'minnow' battle against England

LA ICE-E

State Captain
bangladesh isn't a minnow anymore, they are not part of the top8/9 but still not part of the minnows. Plus Ireland is a good team! give them some deserved CREDIT!!!!

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

bangladesh isn't a minnow anymore, they are not part of the top8/9 but still not part of the minnows. Plus Ireland is a good team! give them some deserved CREDIT!!!!
Today's win makes Ireland an official ODI team :)!!!!!
A status well-deserved I guess :happy:!!!!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Bangladesh are not yet remotely close to being Test quality but I think they are getting closer to being ODI quality. By the next world cup, I think you'll see a big improvement. Test quality is massively harder to achieve, and really means more (and shows a more developed game), but ODI quality is where it will start. They have some good young players, and if they keep developing...they'll still be a massively young team in four years but with a lot more experience and maturity. Hopefully, they can start challenging the main nations regularly.

vince480

Cricket Spectator
Really shows that among the minnows Bangladesh is marginally better than England and Ireland.
Well now these 3 have played each other the results are as follows:

1st. England, 2 wins (Bangladesh & Ireland)
2nd. Ireland, 1 win (Bangladesh)
3rd. Bangladesh, 0 wins ()

Fantastic achievement by Ireland, they have now beaten a second 'test' status nation and achieved ODI status for themselves in this one game today, hats off to them! :)

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Bangladesh are not yet remotely close to being Test quality but I think they are getting closer to being ODI quality. By the next world cup, I think you'll see a big improvement. Test quality is massively harder to achieve, and really means more (and shows a more developed game), but ODI quality is where it will start. They have some good young players, and if they keep developing...they'll still be a massively young team in four years but with a lot more experience and maturity. Hopefully, they can start challenging the main nations regularly.
i bet they have a chance win one or two tests against one of the top 8's in that four years time. but they don't have a lot of tests which isn't necessarily a bad thing cause since you're test status your making money to fund development at the same time play the minimum # of games until they are fully ready. So that's good.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

i bet they have a chance win one or two tests against one of the top 8's in that four years time. but they don't have a lot of tests which isn't necessarily a bad thing cause since you're test status your making money to fund development at the same time play the minimum # of games until they are fully ready. So that's good.
Can't say that yet man, the team is relatively young. Sure, if it's a test match in the subcontinent, then anything is possible :D!!!!!

tigerPassion

School Boy/Girl Captain

Fantastic achievement by Ireland, they have now beaten a second 'test' status nation and achieved ODI status for themselves in this one game today, hats off to them! :)
The matches between the minnows doesn't really matter.

Bangladesh defeated two top teams(India & South Africa).
Ireland defeated one top team(Pakistan).
England defated none.

1st. Bangladesh(2 wins)
2nd. Ireland(1 win)
3rd. England(0 win)

LA ICE-E

State Captain

haha not funny. they had odi status from about 2005 now. They got promoted to the main odi table after winning 2 games after winning 2 matches against full nations and also tied with one. And this thread isn't talking about teams beating teams that are lower ranked than them. That isn't great achievements. This is about teams progressing on to beat teams better than them. in that case-

Bangladesh- 2 (South Africa and India0
Ireland- 2 (Pakistan and Bangladesh)
England-0 (Would be nice if they are able to beat SA though)

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Can't say that yet man, the team is relatively young. Sure, if it's a test match in the subcontinent, then anything is possible :D!!!!!
i wasn't necessarily talking about wins abroad but there's a good chance they'll win one or two or more who know in 4 years time.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

i wasn't necessarily talking about wins abroad but there's a good chance they'll win one or two or more who know in 4 years time.
Yeah I got that but I was just saying that if so do happen, it is likely to be at home or on subcontinental soil.....if one or more win is gained abroad, it can't get any better than that :) (besides mroe away wins that is :p)!!!!!