• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I thought the big bash was meant to be fun, what with all the music fireworks dancers ect. They encourage a party atmosphere then go nuts when someone gets involved in the banter

cricmad

Cricket Spectator
I thought the big bash was meant to be fun, what with all the music fireworks dancers ect. They encourage a party atmosphere then go nuts when someone gets involved in the banter
+1. And props to Gayle for saying this live on camera instead of being a sneaky awhole making passes when no one is watching.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I'm still bemused that "disagreement = MRA" in some people's books. If people actually knew what MRAs stood for then they would realise that I'm not even close to being one of them. I disagree with Gayle's actions and MRAs. Before this crazy third wave "kill all white men" crap became associated with feminism, I was one.
It's interesting you can identify and differentiate yourself from MRA's but you can't differentiate different views within the broader feminism movement and so instead lump it all as one. Well done.

cnerd123

likes this
It's interesting you can identify and differentiate yourself from MRA's but you can't differentiate different views within the broader feminism movement and so instead lump it all as one. Well done.
Liked for keeping the debate and thus the thread alive

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
It's a shame the racial angle didn't get more of a workout on this thread, really. I was waiting for someone to point out that nothing would have happened if Michael Clarke had said something similar, but no-one did.

smash84

The Tiger King
It's a shame the racial angle didn't get more of a workout on this thread, really. I was waiting for someone to point out that nothing would have happened if Michael Clarke had said something similar, but no-one did.
I did point that out. Spark refused to go down that route too much. Theirry henry and spark did make a few good points about it

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Wonder what would have happened if the reporter hit on Chris Gayle. Probably nothing.

I read an article by a female journalist during the CWC about the most handsome cricketers at the tournament. Nothing came of that.
It's the 'if the roles were different it wouldn't have happened' quinella.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
What if Chris Gayle had hit on a male reporter? I don't think we've covered that yet and we've got to get to 50 pages somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.