• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highlights of the games

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The track events and marathons were amazing. Hamish Kerr in the high jump and the Pakistani javelin thrower were massive too. The men's triathlon was a bit heartbreaking (but brilliant) and the Triathlon team event was stunning. Swimming was a bit boring, but credit to Marchand.

Unfortunately I hardly saw any surfing as Tahiti must've been a great venue

Ko and Carrington (8 golds for a Kiwi is mad - will she be back in LA) again confirmed their brilliance and Elise Andrews was sensational.

It was great to see Novak get tennis gold.

Finally the use of Paris monuments as Olympic backdrops was sensational.

Of the new events, kayak cross seems a winner

Coronis

International Coach
The track events and marathons were amazing. Hamish Kerr in the high jump and the Pakistani javelin thrower were massive too. The men's triathlon was a bit heartbreaking (but brilliant) and the Triathlon team event was stunning. Swimming was a bit boring, but credit to Marchand.

Unfortunately I hardly saw any surfing as Tahiti must've been a great venue

Ko and Carrington (8 golds for a Kiwi is mad - will she be back in LA) again confirmed their brilliance and Elise Andrews was sensational.

It was great to see Novak get tennis gold.

Finally the use of Paris monuments as Olympic backdrops was sensational.

Of the new events, kayak cross seems a winner
Oh god he did? Ugh

Coronis

International Coach
Oh and that’s nothing against Djokovic personally. I’m just well over the Fed/Nadal/Djokovic era

Ali TT

International Regular
Another highlight for me is that my 4yo has got into it and it's provided partial distraction from Blippi and other kids shows. Although he has been calling it the berlympics (we're now looking forward to the paraberlympics...)

Coronis

International Coach
Another highlight for me is that my 4yo has got into it and it's provided partial distraction from Blippi and other kids shows. Although he has been calling it the berlympics (we're now looking forward to the paraberlympics...)
Assumed this was a Bluey misspell

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Note that my 'like' for Sledger's post comes purely as an uncle who has seen a small amount of both. Can't imagine how actual parents endure the awfulness that is Blippi.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Note that my 'like' for Sledger's post comes purely as an uncle who has seen a small amount of both. Can't imagine how actual parents endure the awfulness that is Blippi.
It is absolutely unbearable, I assure you. Fortunately sledger jnr isn't especially keen.

Bluey on the other hand is unironically excellent. I could quite happily sit down and watch that by myself tbh.