• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highlights of the games

CartyDurham

International Captain
Switched tv over and was met with the sight of someone wearing gold tinsel

And the hymn to Apollo

prententious moi?

non

CartyDurham

International Captain
Tom Cruise has just jumped off a stadium roof in Paris. Now he’s nicked the Olympic flag and driven off on a motor bike through the streets of gay Paris, onto a plane and then parachute down to LA with the flag, with the Olympic rings mixed into the Hollywood sign

simples

and now Michael Johnson is off running with the flag around the old Olympic stadium in LA

Then onto a beach where red hot chilli peppers are performing

Bitmap

State Vice-Captain
Leon Marchand winning the double of 200m Fly-Breaststroke the same night was insane. As were the finishes in the Men's 100m, 400m and 1500m.

And while they didn't exactly win the thing, watching Nadalcaraz was fun

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pidcock. Anyone who says anything else is a ****wit.

As for comedy highlight the epileptic Aussie in the breakdancing. WTF was that? Complete loony.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
- All NZ medals except sailing because I didn't care about it
- Japan gymnastics team gold
- Sifan Hassan
- Japanese team coming within 10 seconds of beating France in the basketball
- 50 year old skateboarder
- Teddy Riner winning the decider for team gold in the judo (even though it was rigged)
- People who don't watch the Olympics by living vicariously through the medal table
- Raygun

social

Actually shout out to the Chinese bloke (yeah he's probably doped up) who won the 100m freestyle by smashing the world record. In a slow pool it was a brilliant swim.

The athletics in general has generally been a ****ing astonishing standard. The amount of athletes running huge PBs to not win gold (or in some events even medals) has been amazing.
The Australian athletics commentator (Dave Culbert) spoke about the advances in shoe technology during the women’s marathon and put a lot of those performances down to it

social

Lots but a few stand out

Women’s marathon

14yo Aussie winning the skateboard

Slovenian bird casually taking a rest while standing on one tiny thing during the rock climbing before jumping onto the next

Fat blokes on twitter claiming that X aren’t real athletes

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
  • Scheffler's epic Sunday charge
  • Lydia's gold and Olympic trifecta
  • Men's 100m final
  • McLaughlin-Levrone's 400m Hurdles WR
  • Katie Ledecky's historic performances
  • Simone Biles' redemption
  • US Men's Basketball gold (especially the Curry specials in the semi and final)

Coronis

International Coach
tbh my main following of the Olympics has been the CW threads.

Hadn’t heard about Marchand, but damn, thats seriously impressive. 14 year old Aussie skateboarder - hope she gets her duck. Duplantis. Khelif.

Pidcock. Anyone who says anything else is a ****wit.

As for comedy highlight the epileptic Aussie in the breakdancing. WTF was that? Complete loony.
As an epileptic Aussie, I take offence. I doubt I ever look that ridiculous

Molehill

International Captain
Loved the finish of the women's marathon.

For me, Raygun was a total cringe.
For me, Raygun did an important role in highlighting why certain 'sports' should be nowhere near the Olympics. It's a shame someone can't do similar for other judged/rigged events. We should salute her.